Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Censored

Reaction score
I’ve always wondered how Thanksgiving deserved its own season. It’s nice, but at the end of the day, it’s just families sitting down to eat. Other holidays have that and more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Not anymore. Traditional like Elvis, Bing, Sinatra, Como, Williams, Mathis, and others are being phased out more and more in favor of Bieber, Taylor Swift, Meghan Trainor, Ariana Grande, Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust.
Yes they are, we have to have Thanksgiving first.
Huh, I actually haven't heard any of the newer artists yet this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Listen to Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Music Choice channel whenever they play Christmas music. Lots of people have been complaining about it for a few years now.

Censored

Reaction score
All I know is that my local radio station plays an even mix of traditional and modern.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise. Christmas ads are playing on TV when Thanksgiving isn't even here yet.

Before we know it, they'll be playing Christmas ads as soon as Summer's over, when it's back-to-school time.

Censored

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise. Christmas ads are playing on TV when Thanksgiving isn't even here yet.

Before we know it, they'll be playing Christmas ads as soon as Summer's over, when it's back-to-school time.
Good.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
...In what way is that good?

I'm sick and tired of Thanksgiving being ignored and everyone skipping right to Christmas. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but why dosen't anyone care about Thanksgiving anymore?

Censored

Reaction score

I'm sick and tired of Thanksgiving being ignored and everyone skipping right to Christmas. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but why dosen't anyone care about Thanksgiving anymore?
There’s only so much you can do with Thanksgiving. Besides, are we just talking about the U.S.A.? From what I understand, in Canada, it’s a completely different structure.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Well, it makes sense from a capitalist standpoint. They wanna make as much money as possible. But from a consumer's standpoint, it does seem like regular people are ignoring Thanksgiving more and more. Perhaps with everything going on in the world, it has to do with escapism.