Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even Kermit's jumping on board with celebrating Christmas too early this year.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looks like the radio stations here have already jumped on board with the Christmas music a little too early this year.

One station already started on Monday and another this morning.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Looks like the radio stations here have already jumped on board with the Christmas music a little too early this year.

One station already started on Monday and another this morning.
Yeah, some of it could make me puke, but the Vince Guaraldi/Lennon "War is Over" stuff I could listen to year-round; the stations that incorporate about 35% Xmas music just for December are the ones that do it right.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, some of it could make me puke, but the Vince Guaraldi/Lennon "War is Over" stuff I could listen to year-round; the stations that incorporate about 35% Xmas music just for December are the ones that do it right.
My mom thinks it's ridiculous that it's happening this early.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty odd that there are so many all Christmas song stations, considering how few songs there are. Most songs have pretty much lost their value to me. Occasionally i'll listen to songs from a few Christmas specials, but that's about it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty odd that there are so many all Christmas song stations, considering how few songs there are. Most songs have pretty much lost their value to me. Occasionally i'll listen to songs from a few Christmas specials, but that's about it.
And they all tend to play nothing but the same songs as well.

Censored

Reaction score
There is a wide variety of Christmas songs and a good radio station will combine the traditional with the contemporary. Also, even among the same songs, there are numerous versions. White Christmas sung by Elvis is a very different experience than when it is sung by Bing Crosby. So no, they are not starting Christmas too early. The holiday season is awesome.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There is a wide variety of Christmas songs and a good radio station will combine the traditional with the contemporary. Also, even among the same songs, there are numerous versions. White Christmas sung by Elvis is a very different experience than when it is sung by Bing Crosby.
Not anymore. Traditional like Elvis, Bing, Sinatra, Como, Williams, Mathis, and others are being phased out more and more in favor of Bieber, Taylor Swift, Meghan Trainor, Ariana Grande, Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust.
So no, they are not starting Christmas too early.
Yes they are, we have to have Thanksgiving first.

Censored

Reaction score
Not anymore. Traditional like Elvis, Bing, Sinatra, Como, Williams, Mathis, and others are being phased out more and more in favor of Bieber, Taylor Swift, Meghan Trainor, Ariana Grande, Bubbly Mikey Pizza Crust.
Not on my radio station.