Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, this is mildly amusing.

I was hoping that this was a new bit that they managed to get all the actors together for, but it turns out, it's all cleverly edited excerpts from other videos.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, this is mildly amusing.

I was hoping that this was a new bit that they managed to get all the actors together for, but it turns out, it's all cleverly edited excerpts from other videos.
I...actually kind of want this movie to happen now.

Any Del

Reaction score
Saw a Christmas commerical today even though its Halloween.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yep. Probably not surprising.

We've actually been getting ready for our annual Christmas performance at work, and we usually start prepping around mid-October. So I've heard a bunch of Christmas tunes already, and now that November starts tomorrow, it's going to get a bit more exciting as the month goes by.

MWoO

Reaction score
I've worked retail for 10 years. The first 6 I spent working in a seasonal department and got really sick of Christmas. The last 4 I was in other departments besides seasonal, but still was heavily exposed to Christmas stuff. This year, unless I land a job (which hopefully I do) I'll be far removed from a daily Christmas exposure. I hope to enjoy some Christmas music and specials this year, but don't plan on even trying to until After Thanksgiving. To me, that should be the start of the season, not the middle of August like retailers try to force on us. It's far more special when the time frame is shorter.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
A radio station in New Jersey has already started playing Christmas music.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the day after Halloween everything's full fledged Christmas (with a few leftover Halloween commercials). I can just picture retailers and people at radio stations last night, just rubbing their hands together waiting for it to strike midnight like it's New Year's Eve.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the day after Halloween everything's full fledged Christmas (with a few leftover Halloween commercials). I can just picture retailers and people at radio stations last night, just rubbing their hands together waiting for it to strike midnight like it's New Year's Eve.
None of the radio stations in my area have flipped yet at all. However, there is one of the HD stations who is 24/7 Christmas.