Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Kermit and Robin the Frog just made an appearance on the Disney Parade on ABC :smile: This is the most Robin has talked in years!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The one part that made me cringe was taking a Christmas wish and shoving a plug in there.
If Kermit and Robin left it at "Merry Christmas from the Muppets", that would've generated more goodwill than shilling themselves " TUESDAYS AT 8 ON ABC!".

This is a two-hour Disney plug interrupted by a parade.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The one part that made me cringe was taking a Christmas wish and shoving a plug in there.
If Kermit and Robin left it at "Merry Christmas from the Muppets", that would've generated more goodwill than shilling themselves " TUESDAYS AT 8 ON ABC!".

This is a two-hour Disney plug interrupted by a parade.
Yeah,that bothered me too. The whole thing made them seem really phony.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, Jim wasn't about the Muppets being spokespeople or advertisers - yeah, he had a good thing going in his early days with those commercials, but once critics started complaining about the Muppets being used as glorified pitchmen (which wasn't true at all), Jim began becoming more and more selective about what he would allow them to do as far as endorsing products go.

But anyway, I got something unexpected and unique for Christmas today: a limited edition TMS cuckoo clock! :excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, I see YouTube is spreading the holiday spirit with one of the Kardashian/Jenner girls dressed in black, see-thru lingerie in front of footage of wild fire. After all, that's what Christmas is all about, isn't it? Flaunting hoes and promoting lust? Happy Birthday, Jesus!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Happy Boxing Day to everyone in the Commonwealth! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah,that bothered me too. The whole thing made them seem really phony.

Uhhhhhhh...

The Disney parade pretty much is a commercial for itself. The brands, the theme parks...I wouldn't be surprised in the least by a TV show plug.

And here's the thing... if Disney just trotted out a 2 hour block of commercials for Disney Theme Parks and called it a parade, it's actually less of a commercistic boondoggle than the Macy's Day Parade usually is.