Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it's like I've said before in another thread, Disney has its own brand of practically everything, so it's pretty much an entire commercial empire unto itself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And at least the parade is advertising Disney. I really think they shouldn't broadcast the Macy's parade with commercials. Every float is like some insurance company or something there. And with a "wholesome" down home country star singing about sex in thinly veiled metaphors too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Macaulay Culkin has reprised his role of Kevin McAllister in a new viral video on YT, and frankly, it's downright disturbing . . . but, I guess it's pretty true to how many people probably envisioned how Kevin would turn out as an adult: a troubled sociopath who is crippled by the memories of his family leaving him behind during Christmas and having to fend off two criminals from his home.
OMG, since this, Danny Stern's now posted a video of himself as Marv, pleading for Harry to come find him now that Kevin's on a murderous rampage and going after all home invaders. "I'm a-scared, Harry! I'm home (dramatic pause) alone!"

Now everybody's hoping Joe Pesci will follow suit with a video as Harry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's one good thing about Christmas being over, it's not having to hear every horrid cover of "All I want for Christmas is You" for another 11 months.

Seriously. That and every cover of "Baby It's Cold Outside" was all the radio station ever played. I really hate how the station that at least varied their Christmas music turned into yet another top 50 and thus stopped doing their superior job.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can agree that there was hardly any variety to Christmas music being played this year, sometimes hearing the exact same version of a song upwards of three times in a day - I don't know what was going on, but there's a number of Christmas songs that I didn't even hear this year (such as the two Chipmunk tunes "The Chipmunk Song" and "Ho Ho Ho") because it's like they kept wanting to just repeat the same handful of songs over and over again. I could have done without listening to Bieber doing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," or the Simpson sisters' out-of-time "Little Drummer Boy," or even Taylor Swift period. At least Meghan Trainor almost sounded human.

Then again, this was a problem Halloween too: there's like five different versions of "This is Halloween" from THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, and you'd hear all of them every single day . . . it got tiresome after a while.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's really no surprise that retail's practically gotten rid of all Christmas now to prepare for D-Day, uh, I mean V-Day, and that a lot of people have already taken down their decorations, but what is surprising is they're still playing Christmas music on the radio.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You've seemed to forgot New Year's. Then again, there's absolutely nothing remarkable about that lousy holiday, so I wouldn't be surprised.

At least ABC has taken to playing the Charlie Brown New Years special annually, so that's something I guess.

Also, off topic rant... UGH! Easter's in March again! I hate that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thanks to the First Council of Nicea, 325 A.D., is why there's such a wide disparity on what date Easter falls on. Once in a great while it falls on my birthday (April 21), the latest it could possibly be. Nine times out of ten, growing up, Easter and my birthday were pretty close. So it didn't seem natural when it occurred in March.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said before, I hate Easter in March for the same reason the Easter Bunny from Rise of the Guardians hates Jack Frost. No one likes a white Easter.

Plus, longer time in between candy giving holidays. Someone's gotta tie some candy into Fourth of July or something.