Characters You'd Like to See Return to the Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He made a comeback cameo appearance in the season opener this year. I think they've got a new Barkley muppet, because I notice his ears were on the top of his head, instead of the side.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
He made a comeback cameo appearance in the season opener this year. I think they've got a new Barkley muppet, because I notice his ears were on the top of his head, instead of the side.

Really? What was the scene, I may have seen it but forgot? I hope he gets brought back then. It would be awesome! I dunno why he would go away in the first place just because he is Linda's dog doesn't mean we should suffer more with him leaving too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Really? What was the scene, I may have seen it but forgot? I hope he gets brought back then. It would be awesome! I dunno why he would go away in the first place just because he is Linda's dog doesn't mean we should suffer more with him leaving too.
He was in a musical number about Elmo and his tricycle. He rode into the arbor, where Barkley was sitting, and starting riding circles aorund Barkley.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
He was in a musical number about Elmo and his tricycle. He rode into the arbor, where Barkley was sitting, and starting riding circles aorund Barkley.

Oh! I did see that!! I remember being excited and surprised to see him because we haven't for a while. I was trying to figure out the date of the episode though to see how recent it was. Cool! I wonder why they decided to throw him in there. I guess as you said it looks like they may have redone him and thinking of bringing him back.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
In reference to the question about Linda, I just thought I'd mention that I recently saw her in the new "Friends to the Rescue" video. (This is the "hurricane" episode from 2001- made in response to the events of September 11, 2001) One thing I noticed about that episode is that hardly any of the classic Muppets other than Big Bird, Telly and Elmo showed up. Cookie Monster made a quick cameo, but I don't think I saw much of anyone else. Except for Kermit, and that was awesome seeing him interact with people on the street again. And to hear Luis call him "Kermit" and Kermit talked to Maria and Gabi and he remembered all of them and they remembered him. I wish Grover had shown up- he could have done his traditional "Hey Froggy Baby" greeting when talking with Kermit.

But I'm getting way off topic here. Anyway, there's tons of classic characters that I'd like to see back. I still miss Mr. Hooper and David and it's very sad that we'll never see them again. :cry: At least, it's comforting to know that Alan still runs Hooper's Store and I don't that will ever change. (the name of the store, that is)

But it would be cool to see Linda and Olivia show up again.

I guess I'll make a list.

Humans
----------
Linda
Olivia
Mike
Savion
Ruthie
Mr. Handford
(I don't guess Uncle Wally and Mr. MacIntosh would still be around to perform their roles- but I miss seeing them around too)

Muppets
----------
I think my number one choice would have to be Kermit the Frog!!! :smile: (as I've said many times)
Little Bird
Biff and Sully
Bruno
Sam the Robot
Guy Smiley
Sunny Friendly
Harvey Kneeslapper
Lefty the Salesman
Sherlock Hemlock
Frazzle
Don Music
Farley
Prairie Dawn (I guess she's still there, but a stronger presence would be good)
Betty Lou
Beautiful Day Monster
Herry Monster (again- a stronger presence needed)
Alice Snuffleupagus
Barkley
Simon Soundman
Gladys the Cow
Benny Rabbit
The Amazing Mumford
Rodeo Rosie
Forgetful Jones
Colambo
Bip Bipadotta
Roosevelt Franklin and his mom
Kingston Livingston III
Roxie Marie
Hoots the Owl
Grungetta (Does she still show up at all?)
Countess Dahling (The Count's girlfriend)
The Twiddlebugs
The Yip Yip aliens

(I've probably forgotten others. Basically, any Muppet that was ever a part of Sesame Street should come back for at least guest appearances once in a while.)

(Cookie Monster's "Monsterpiece Theatre" and the "Vincent Twice, Vincent Twice", and "Miami Mice" and "Twin Beaks" and SuperGrover segments would be nice to see again too.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Prairie Dawn (I guess she's still there, but a stronger presence would be good)
Prairie Dawn IS still there quite a bit. Maybe not in street scenes, but she is in quite a few muppet inserts. (Especially with Cookie Monster).

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Prairie Dawn IS still there quite a bit. Maybe not in street scenes, but she is in quite a few muppet inserts. (Especially with Cookie Monster).

Yeah, Prairie is definitely there and strong. In fact, I think that her character has gotten bigger in recent years. I don't believe she was in the Street We Live On special though. Probably the only main Muppet character of today left out in the finale. Thats disappointing. Yeah, she isn't in street scenes too much but once in a while she is, and she is always in the daily letter segment with Cookie.

Also, in response to Gonzoleaper, it would be weird to have Mr. Handford come back. They already have Alan running the store. what would he do? I thought he was a strange and awkward man when i saw him on the show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, Prairie is definitely there and strong. In fact, I think that her character has gotten bigger in recent years. I don't believe she was in the Street We Live On special though.
The only time she appeared in TSWLO was during the closing flashback sequence, where they played a clip of her, Mary Monster, and Queen Latifah doing that "Letter O Rap".

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
The only time she appeared in TSWLO was during the closing flashback sequence, where they played a clip of her, Mary Monster, and Queen Latifah doing that "Letter O Rap".

Yeah, true. But they showed a lot of lost characters during those clips too. Poor Prairie. I actually think she is so underrated. She is such a great character. In fact, I hope in the new SS doc. they have interviews or something with Fran Brill. I don't know much about her at all and would be interested.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's some trivia for you about lil' Prairie. Fran Brill came up with the name Prairie Dawn after she went through a stack of 8x10 photo in her agent's office. She came across an actress named "Prairie Dorn", and thought it was one of the goofiest names she ever heard, so they named the little muppet girl Prairie Dawn, because they didn't want to use "Dorn", and poke fun at this actress. According to Fran, Jim and Frank's goal was to play off of her prissiness, and to make her go as ballistic as possible.