Celebrating Jerry Juhl

FAZ

Reaction score
I tried posting about the Iger thing in Muppet Headlines, but it wouldn't let me. If some one else wants to let everyone know, that would probably be a good thing.

unclematt

Reaction score
Someday I know
We'll meet again
Dont know quite where
And I dont know just when
Youre in my heart
But until then
It's time for sayin good bye.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Sad day indeed. Jerry was truly a Juhl, and I am deeply thankful for the humor he helped bring to my life. Thanks, Jerry!

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Who's who with the muppets.

ReneeLouvier said:
For a moment I was genuinely worried. I had thought nearly all of them were gone in some way or another. But..then again they are.

Frank Oz - Pretty much retired, just does producing/exe. producing jobs.

Jerry Nelson - Retired.

Dave Golez - still doing Gonzo.

Steve Whitmire - Now doing Kermit. (I had forgotten he had been there since nearly the beginning.)

Carrol Spinney - Still doing Big Bird, but not any dance sequences for the most part.

Martin P. Robinson - ...I honestly don't recogininze that guys name. :smirk:

Fran Brill - Sorry, don't really know her either.

David Rudman - Again, I don't recoginize this person's name.

Kevin Clash - ...He does Elmo. 'Nuff said. *Believes that Elmo's World pretty much kills those last 20 mins of SS*

Noel MacNiel - Yet again, don't recoginize his name.

Pam Arciero - And again.

Karen Prell - As far as I know, not really doing that much with the muppets. Perhaps she's working in the background?? Waiting for Red to take the spotlight again? :excited:

Perhaps you guys can help aquiant me (and maybe others as well?) with the jobs of these Muppeters. :wink: I would greatly love that!
well Martin P. Robinson is Telly monster and Snuffy
Fran Brill plays Praire Dawn, Little Bird as well as others.
David Rudman plays Baby Bear
Noel MacNiel now that is a puzzle
Pam Arciero is Grungetta, Oscar's Girlfriend.
Karen Prell playes (everyone) Red Fraggle

Juno42

Reaction score
Good one, Jerry!

Here it is:

Good One, Jerry

His wife wanted silly things. I hope this is silly enough, and points out what I meant in my last post.

The blue cat's name is Juno. In my senior year I drew a picture of Juno and Kermit together. Jerry took the picture, copied it, took it to a Muppet cast party (I didn't know at the time), and brought it back to me signed! It now has signatures from Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, and Karen Prell, as far as I recall. It's framed, in a box in my room somewhere (I move alot). I'll dig it up sometime and post it somewhere. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Juhl Obituaries

If anyone knows of any printed obituaries/tributes for Jerry Juhl either in newspaper or magazines, please let me know. I would think that there would be some sort of blurb atleast in a larger news publication but so far not even Los Angeles Times has released anything. I am trying to collect as many of these as I can for my collection and would like to put together some sort of dedication wall thing for myself. I would appreciate any help. Thanks, guys! :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
I haven't even seen any announcements on any news programs either. Is this by choice of Juhl's family and the Henson people, or do they just not care too much about it because he isn't a big actor? This is disappointing. :frown:

Ziffel

Reaction score
That seems to be the case. The Philadelphia Inquirer also had nothing on Jerry, whereas it had an article and obituary on Don Adams.

BEAR

Reaction score
I don't understand it. He was big enough in the industry. The Muppets are huge and Juhl was one of the men responsible for even making them happen. Seriously, it was him AND Jim Henson who started the whole franchise in my opinion. Wasn't he the first on staff at the Henson Company?