Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Convincing John

Reaction score
Fraggleforever said:
Why do the ones we love have to leave so suddenly? I just don't understand.

As Gordon once said..."It has to be this way...because. Just because."

:sympathy:

Convincing John

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
I suppose so, Convincing John, and it's nice to meet you. This hasn't been a very good week. Maybe next week will be better. God bless you Jerry Juhl. It was nice to have you around, even it was only for a little while.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Saying goodbye, why is it sad? Makes us remember the good times we had. Much more to say, foolish to try. It's time for saying goodbye.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
I hope nobody hates me for this, but a sad thought just ran through my mind. Picture this:
Taminella the witch is standing in a cemetary, and is in front of a tombstone. She puts down a flower, hangs her head, and closes her eyes. When she opens her eyes again, 3 arms put more flowers by the grave. One arm is lanky and green, one is large, yellow, and covered in feathers, and one is orange, but is coved in a yellow and pink striped shirt. It is none other than Kermit the Frog, Big Bird, and Gobo Fraggle. Taminella turns and faces them with tears streaming down her face, while the three have tears on their faces as well. Kermit, knowing all too well the pain that Taminella is feeling, embraces her. Big Bird and Gobo follow suite, and the four share a group hug, comforting each other's pain. After what seemed like eternity, the four walk away, side by side, united in mind, heart, and spirit, for the man that has given them so much to say. All of this, without saying a word.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fraggleforever said:
I hope nobody hates me for this, but a sad thought just ran through my mind. Picture this:
Taminella the witch is standing in a cemetary, and is in front of a tombstone. She puts down a flower, hangs her head, and closes her eyes. When she opens her eyes again, 3 arms put more flowers by the grave. One arm is lanky and green, one is large, yellow, and covered in feathers, and one is orange, but is coved in a yellow and pink striped shirt. It is none other than Kermit the Frog, Big Bird, and Gobo Fraggle. Taminella turns and faces them with tears streaming down her face, while the three have tears on their faces as well. Kermit, knowing all too well the pain that Taminella is feeling, embraces her. Big Bird and Gobo follow suite, and the four share a group hug, comforting each other's pain. After what seemed like eternity, the four walk away, side by side, united in mind, heart, and spirit, for the man that has given them so much to say. All of this, without saying a word.
That is actually a beautiful image. I appreciate you sharing that.:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Jim Henson created the Muppets, Don Shanling made the Muppets in the literal sense, and the preformer give them life and personalitys, but the Muppets would not be who they are without Jerry Juhl's Brilliance. He made the Muppets the warm, loving, caring, sensitive, compassionate cartacters thay are and are konw for being throught the entire known world.

I just want to tell him thank you for bringing laughter, values, substance, as well as enrichment into to my life. The depth, the complexity, the personality, the identity, and the character that uniquely distinguishes who the Muppets are will forever be changed.

Your work will live on in the hearts and the minds of children as well as adults everywhere, and will be passed on for future generations not to simply just view it but to be engaged and inspired by it. Your work is one that can not simply be viewed, but to be marveled astonished by, It should be studied by collage and university, not just about how scripts for television should be written, but how civilizations across the whole world can coexists and live in peace with each other and avoid conflict that escalates to war.

To put it simple, you well be greatly missed and you were a part of world history,you can never be replaced and the world will never be the same without you.

May you spirit and sole rest in peace.:smile:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Oh how sad! >.<

That man was so talented....:frown:

What really sucks is that all these talented wonderful people are passing away now and there's no one upcoming who can compare to them and take their place! :sympathy:

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
remembering Jerry Juhl

When I was young I watched the first Sesame Street. I even Bought the albums. What I liked was a henson/juhl piece called "The R Machine"
when I pulled that album out my kids never thought that sesame street was that old. They asked me who was Jim, I told them. Who's Jerry Juhl...
I told them that both men were part of the magic of the Muppets.
they looked at me and asked who's left?
I stoped and thought about it, then I repiled " The ones who still belive in Hensons dream." :sympathy: :cry:

leliebel

Reaction score
hmmm such sad news

I'm stuck with the images from muppet treasure island, "I go back forever". Such a talented writer...