Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
EDIT:

I started this thread to announce the passing of one of the most influential people on the history of The Muppets and more; but rather than focus on the passing, let's celebrate his life. It's been said he loved the silly and the zaniness of life, so promote that in all you create in awe of his work. And be happy he's with Jim and Richard again...he's left us a multitude of great works, and for that I'm appreciative. :smile:

I just posted this in the thread about the stamps because this is where the news began:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=324552&postcount=26

I also called the JHC on La Brea in LA and they verified it. I'm awaiting a call from the PR Dept to verify and inquire further.

Appears Jerry Juhl passed away Monday Night.
:frown: :cry:

I'm sad.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's sad

It's too bad that Jerry Juhl died. At least he was able to work on the first season DVDs of both The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. I wonder if this news will be in any upcoming issues of any magazines (like TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly).

BEAR

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :boo:

Frogster

Reaction score
Oh, no... that's so sad. I really can't believe it.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Oh, thats terrible news. Best wishes to his family and friends. He will be missed.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've always credited Jerry Juhl for having really created the characters' personalities as we know them since it was his writing that gave the performers the direction to take when acting out the roles.

I still haven't heard from the JHC PR Dept yet, as soon as I do I'll post back here.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Frogster just told me this... I'm too depressed to comment right now... I need to call my dad...