Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just spoke with the PR Dept at JHC, and it's been verified. They are making the passing of Mr. Juhl a priority as far as a press release is concerned, and any information they will be able to provide to the media will be released on the website (linked above).

Basically, the information as has been posted here is as much as they know and are allowed to discuss at this time because some of the family may not even be aware of his passing just yet.

So, out of respect to the Juhl family nothing public has been released to the media except that which Brian stated at the Stamp Release this morning.

When more information is available, it will be here:
http://www.henson.com/company/press.html

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh, say it isn't so! What a shame. If he died on Monday, that would be too much of a coincidence. I just received the Fraggle DVD set from a friend of mine, and went right to the bonus disc with the new interviews of Jerry and company.

Besides his writing, he was also a gifted puppeteer as well, even if the only character he was ever credited with was Tamanella from The Frog Prince.
But on the Ed Sullivan DVD that came out a few years back, he was also
the baby monster in the "Monster Family" skit.

Thank you Jerry for all your contributions from Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, and EVER so much for Fraggle Rock. You will be sorely missed.

My condolences to Jerry's family. God bless and keep you.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
So sad.

So sad . . .

Rest in peace, Jerry Juhl, and thank you for so many smiles!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Mike Polis from The Henson Company told me this morning before the Wall Sculpture dedication, then Brian announced it during the stamp ceremony. He said, as someone else on here did, that at least Jerry and his Dad were together again.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I can't take this. I know it's just nature and that everyone dies eventually...but God. This is just really, really sad.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
8540.30 in reply to 8540.29

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Warrick/Juhl.jpg

A small tribute...

Im thankful for knowing Jerry's work. And Im thankful for what I have got from it.

I think my life will be fun and nearly always happy. And I think a big part of that has come from The Muppets and the way they always are. I cant really explain, But It seems that Jerry was one of the main reasons Im doing puppetry now, I just didnt know it because he was always in the background...

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Wow. I am in total shock right now. I really was not expecting any news like this after seeing him on the Fraggle dvds and everything. That is just so sad. He was such an amazing man who contributed so much to the Muppets. He played a huge part in making the Muppets what they are today. It's so sad. The world has suffered a huge loss. :cry:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
This is sad news indeed. Rest in peace Jerry. :frown:

Just think of all the zany puppet sketches going on in heaven right now with him and Jim.