Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I diden't know much about him until I watched the muppets and Fraggle Rock back to back and saw the same name in the credits. I was wondering who this great Jerry Juhl was to go from The Muppet show to Fraggle Rock without missing a beat? I watched the interviews and thought wow he is great! Then I saw that he passed. I'm glad I got to know who he was, without the interviews on the Fraggle Rock disc I would have never known ... I am very sad to learn this news, I was wondering why the muppets lost a little of their charm now I know why. May he rest in peace and his memory and the hapiness he brought to so many without them realizing it never be forgotten.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl will be missed i am a biggest fan of the muppets and his life will not forgotten god is now with him now. this is a sad news and i will miss him most.

Whatever

Reaction score
I am so sad to hear this. I will miss him, although I never met him. We are lucky to have had such a wonderful person on our planet.:cry:

Also, wasn't he supposed to work on the new Fraggle movie? That will be a loss.:smirk: I don't think we can be so optimistic without Jerry on board.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
This is very sad news indeed. I couldn't believe it when I read this. Although Jerry Juhl may be gone, he has left behind a wonderful body of work that will live on forever. Thank you Mr. Juhl for all you have given us. God bless.

Yes Beth, he was supposed to be working on the new Fraggle Rock movie, that was so exciting to hear. I hope the movie still turns out well, but it will inevitably be missing something now, no matter how well done it is.

PuppetMasterDJB

Reaction score
Such a loss!

Hey up fellow fans,

I finally joined the MC forums after seeing that Jerry Juhl has passed on. I know he was so instrumental to the characters personalities. He will be sorely missed. :sympathy:

Doodles
AKA PuppetMasterDJB

spcglider

Reaction score
My grandfather once told me something very important:

"A great man doesn't work at trying to be remembered as such, he only works at being a great man."

By that definition, Jerry was a GREAT man.

After reading so many testimonials from so many people in so many different areas of life, I realize that the time I spent interacting with Jerry wasn't as unique as I had previously thought. But that doesn't lessen the personal importance of it.

Jerry gave that kind of time to everybody. Special time.

A while ago, I thought to press him about his departure from the Muppets. There must be some overwhelming reason to make him retire so precipitately? He just remained to say, "I retired." Never once did he mention the politics behind his departure, nor who might be involved. That sort of thing was personal to him and he didn't want to monger rumor nor burden others with the bad karma of discontent. That kind of personal fortitude is rare. Very rare.

Even in our extended conversations about the political scene (Yes, Jerry was VERY up on the world of politics), he expressed opinions, railed against social injustices, and even put me in my place several times with impeccable logic. But he never personally impugned the people behind the policies.

I still consider myself very lucky in this life to have been in such proximity to a man who, by his own strength of character, exibited the most noble attitudes of humanity. In every way, and by every measure, an exceptional human being.

-Gordon

Xerus

Reaction score
Jerry was a talented writer who knew what stories and situations would work best for the Muppets. I'm going to miss his work along with Jim's, Richards, Joe's, Jon's, and Jeff's talents.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Sutch great sadnedd to loose sutch a talented man. Let's hope that whener he is that Jim and Jerry are wiritng scripts for the muppets in the world beyond. You shall be greatly missed Jerry.

Luke

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my condolences to Jerry's family and also the Henson community regarding the sad news of Jerry's death. His writing for the characters was genius, and it took a very talented and versatile man to be able to create shows where one minute you'd be writing a serial about Pigs In Space, and the next you'd be planning a full song and dance number or tossing penguins. I'm very glad he was able to see the beginning of the Muppets and also the Fraggles re-emergence back into the mainstream - i'm sure he would have been stoked about all that and very proud that his work will live on forever !!!