Can you Picture That?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
A quick lyrics search suggests that it is:

"Beat down the walls, begin, believe, behold, begat"
Thank you for searching for me. But does that really make sense? It doesn''t sound like behold, and I've never even heard the word begat before! Lets see..
To get, to produce an effect, etc. Okay. :confused:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
And does he speak french in there? "Now the Eiffel Tower's holdign up a flower canchabigtacat" Or am I wrong?
I speak french, and he definately does not speak french there! Heehee. It sounds like, "gave it to a Texas cat". Which makes sense because he mentions Texas through the rest of the song.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
"Begat" which is an archaic spelling of "beget" means to father or to cause and it appears in The Bible alot.

"Gave it to a Texas Cat" I think was what it said when I searched for the lyrics although it seems to sometimes be replaced by "Can you picture that"

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
And does he speak french in there? "Now the Eiffel Tower's holdign up a flower canchabigtacat" Or am I wrong?
Um... I'd say you're wrong. It sounds more like "Canyoupicturethat" If you look up the lyrics, I'm pretty sure they say he says "Can you picture that". Now, it may very well sound like "canchabigtacat" to you, but I hear "canyoupicturethat," and according to these funny little lyric thingies, we're both at least a little wrong.

I think I just lost myself again.

EDIT: Looked it up, Harvey Towers is right. It's "gave it to a Texas cat"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Um... I'd say you're wrong. It sounds more like "Canyoupicturethat" If you look up the lyrics, I'm pretty sure they say he says "Can you picture that". Now, it may very well sound like "canchabigtacat" to you, but I hear "canyoupicturethat," and according to these funny little lyric thingies, we're both at least a little wrong.

I think I just lost myself again.
I just listened to the song. It's playing right now. I'll go back to that part and double check.

Okay. 2nd verse, Floyd sings except last line is Dr. Teeth.

"Let me take your picture, add it to the mixture, there it is I got you now
REally nothing to it, anyone can do it, it's east and we all know how
Now beings a changing, mental rearranging, nothing's really where it's at,
Now the Eiffel Tower's holding up a flower, gave it to a Texas cat."

Guys, I just transcribed that form listening to it, I swear that's what he says. In the first verse, and the last one, with the Aurora Borealis line, he does the growly "Canyoupicturethat?"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Inside the jacket of the soundtrack are the lyrics to all the songs. Anybody got that to double check it? I'll have forgotten to check this by the time I get home.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Inside the jacket of the soundtrack are the lyrics to all the songs. Anybody got that to double check it? I'll have forgotten to check this by the time I get home.
Oh, excellent. Maybe someone's got it. I don't. Maybe that'll clear up a few things. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Mrs. P. I think we are all right on the Can You Picture That harmony thing. It is also possible that their lines cross. I mean, it sounds like she starts singing melody and then she goes into harmony at one point to. Its confusing. But Floyd is definitely lower.

wombat woman

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I speak french, and he definately does not speak french there! Heehee. It sounds like, "gave it to a Texas cat". Which makes sense because he mentions Texas through the rest of the song.
How about 'grinning like a Cheshire cat'? :big_grin:

ta, wombat

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is it...yes...I do believe you are right!!!

EDIT: Wait, no, it's not that. That was earlier. IT goes, "Grinning like a cheshier caaaaaaat, focus on the pelasure, something you can treasure, "etc... We are talking about later.