Can you Picture That?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a burning question that maybe someone here has the answer to. It's somewhat of an obscure question, but anyway.
In the song Can you Picture That, there's the line "Fact is there's nothing out there you can't do/ Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you". Floyd and Janice are singing this together, in a harmony.
What I can't figure out is, who's doing the top line of the harmony and who's doing the bottom. Can anyone tell? It's a really tight harmony, they're really in tune with each other, which of course is good but it's making it impossible for me to tell. So before I go crazy I thought someone here could help me out? :flirt: :sing:

Mario

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know what top line and bottom line is. Wish I could help, though.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Hey all, I have a burning question that maybe someone here has the answer to. It's somewhat of an obscure question, but anyway.
In the song Can you Picture That, there's the line "Fact is there's nothing out there you can't do/ Yeah, even Santa Claus believes in you". Floyd and Janice are singing this together, in a harmony.
What I can't figure out is, who's doing the top line of the harmony and who's doing the bottom. Can anyone tell? It's a really tight harmony, they're really in tune with each other, which of course is good but it's making it impossible for me to tell. So before I go crazy I thought someone here could help me out? :flirt: :sing:

Sorry, I should probably listen to it again before I answer just to be extra sure, but I seem to remember Janice singing the melody line as opposed to the harmony (which would be Floyd). Does that help a little?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Sorry, Mrs.Pepper, but I'm musically impaired. I love music, but I don't know squat about it. Good luck getting your answer, though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think Janice is the high, and Floyd is the low.

If you listen to him when he's playing the guitar, he hums along with it kind of low. Also, Floyd was the Bass Singer in "Mr. Bassman."

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh yes, I love that song. ^_^ I figured Janice was singing the high, because she's a girl character, and Richard Hunt's voice is alot higher than Jerry Nelson's (again with Mr. Bassman).
So I have one Floyd singing harmony, and one Floyd singing the bass line. If the bass line was the harmony (again, this one line just drives me crazy, I can't tell) then we're good to go.

The thing is, Floyd leads in the line, with the "Fact is there's" and Janice joins in on the "nothing out there... etc". So Floyd's line must drop, and Janice sings the third above him, and all is well. I think. :smirk:

Urgh, explaining music with words is too hard. I think we've figured it out, though..
Thanks, you guys. :flirt:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey, while I'm at it, let's ask another burning question about this song: What in the world is Dr. Teeth saying?? :big_grin:
At one point he says, "Beat down the walls, begin, etc" and I can't figure out for the life of me what the rest of that line is. Does anyone know??

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
A quick lyrics search suggests that it is:

"Beat down the walls, begin, believe, behold, begat"

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
"Break down the walls, begin, believe beeeeeeee begat!" Is what I hear. But whenever I've seen the lyrics written out, or anyone else has done the song (like the Dead Hensons) It's "Break down the walls, begin, believe, behold begat"

Beauregard

Reaction score
And does he speak french in there? "Now the Eiffel Tower's holdign up a flower canchabigtacat" Or am I wrong?