Bear 10th Anniversary Celebration

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Attention all BBBH fans --

Word at Disney is that in 2007 there will be a Bear 10th Anniversary Celebration, with a relaunch of the shows (maybe on PBS?), more DVDs, an album, and maybe even a movie and traveling show!

Go Tutter!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
..and what's your source? I believe it when I see a proper source.

Luke

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
..and what's your source? I believe it when I see a proper source.
I don't think you can get much closer to the source than Princess Melora, you can trust her. :eek: :attitude: :embarrassed:

BEAR

Reaction score
Hey, I didn't know I was having an anniversary. Cool!!

beaker

Reaction score
Princess Melora said:
Attention all BBBH fans --

Word at Disney is that in 2007 there will be a Bear 10th Anniversary Celebration, with a relaunch of the shows (maybe on PBS?), more DVDs, an album, and maybe even a movie and traveling show!

Go Tutter!
Thank you so much Melora for this great news. I myself have always appreciated seeing your posts in here.

I myself have been a huge Bear fan since 1997, and was sad when it slowly started to go away. To me it rightly became the official third franchise(since Fraggle Rock was no more...of course, now that franchise is coming back!)
and I always felt Bear, Tutter and the characters of Bear were really just the warmest and coolest without seeming like they were only playcating to the preschool crowd. I was already 19 when it debuted, am 28 now and I am still wowed by the chemistry of the show.

It's cool Bear finally ventured out into the real world, which all Muppets do as a rite of passage(Uncle Matt, the Sesame gang, and as of 1979, the Muppet gang)

I would LOVE to see a Bear movie, even if it's straight to dvd. As well as a proper relaunch of the Bear franchise. It's something Disney could at least get right Muppet related.

Please fill us in on more details as you get em!

scarecroe

Reaction score
This is wonderful news - I hope all the rumblings come to fruition! Even if the bigger ideas don't pan out, it's nice to know that there's talk about it which will hopefully in the least lead to some DVD and CD releases.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is a little upsetting for me. Disney hardly acknowledges the Muppets 5oth anniversary, and no Disney is going to celebrate Bear in the Big Blue House's 10th anniversary, and apparantly in A much bigger way?

doctort13

Reaction score
Great news! My daughter really enjoys "Bear" (as we call it). I agree that the puppetry & scripts are top knotch. I am glad to learn of the program's relaunch.