Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtgentry

Reaction score
No , But I have to say I never really like any of the posers. They just dont have the same look. I have a kermit puppet and it is by far better then the poser. Plus the poser feet look really big still. I thought they said they were going to revise that . I will probably pass on the kermit (maybe) But I really want the animal when it comes out.

Jon

Reaction score
One thing that needs to be changed is the collar it should have more heft .
As it stands it's a little too whispy and ends up looking slightly cheap.

Just a little constructive critisism for MR.

On the whole it's good.

Jon

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what time period this "Poser" patern comes from?(I'm guessing it won't be the seventies.)

When they do Animal i hope they dont pick a modern pattern to work from. My ideal would be the "Photocopy" from 1976-7. To me at least that IS Animal!(well,apart from an original puppet!)

Anyway,drum stick clenched fingers wiil be tightly crossed!:excited:

Reaction score
It's about what I'd expect coming out of a factory.

Don't get me wrong, I still want one. But I think that this proves that, even using the exact pattern, there is a world of difference between a puppet/poser made by a pro, and a poser made using cheap overseas labor.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the "real" Kermits aren't made from antron. Isn't it another fabric?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'll have to wait for the final product to come out to know if I want it or not but I do I'll buy it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit's collar color still doesnt look right.Hardly any difference between his body and collar.Should be more yellowy lime.Kermit's mouth has changed from coming to a point to a more rounder edge mouth.Looks good with his mouth closed, but not sure if I like it when his mouth is open.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I think those recent pictures are of the same prototype as we'd already seen - hence the same problems. I think the only reason the face looks different is because, as we already knew, it's re-posable.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final product so I can make a decision on whether I want one or not... well I do really want one but I need to justify the expence by seeing a kick-*** Kermit first! :smile:

spcglider

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
why do i feel this cheapens the muppets, beacuse seeing Kermit , or any other muppet that you are a fan of should be a special thing, be it at a live performance apperance, or on tv, or in a movie,or even in the occasionall museum it should be something special, that you personnaly expirience in the moment,

for a green piece of fleece, and foam, his is a living breathing entity, not a lightsaber, or mask ,or a prop gun, he has annimous, and by mass producing(yes i realize we are not talking about thousands of these) you are taking what should be a rare and memorable event and turning it into a another piece of pop culture dreck,

yes their are shoddy toys out there, but they are just that , toys, not "replicas", and when u see them u know they are toys,they are ment to be played with by little kids, or sit on a shelf in someones home or office as kitsch,

as far as this keeping the property alive, how is it doing that, this is something that only a well to do die hard fanboy is going to be able to afford, its doesnt further thier creative potential, and cements them as characters from a bygone era suitible only for consumption as relics of the past , and not the stars of tommorow that they could be.
Wow. Well reasoned and well put.

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
BigDumbWookiee said:
Just like a painting or statue, this is something that allows fans to say "Hey, I love Muppets", without cluttering their house with toys, or stuffed animals. And if these take off, that means yet another product line supporting the Muppet cause. And the more money coming in from products means the better chances we'll continue to see Muppet movies or Muppets on TV.
I respect your opinion, but if you look at the examples of many of the other extremely popular and excessively marketed Disney characters (Mickey Mouse, Tinkerbell, Donald Duck, Eeyore, etc.) you'll see that mass merchandising does not indicate impetus for movies or television production.

When was the last time Mickey had his own cartoon? Mickey's Runaway Bain. When was that? YEARS ago. Why haven't we seen it? Because somebody at Disney quashed it. Why? Who knows? I haven't seen it because somebody at Disney quashed it.

But Mickey is plastered on thousands of items in circulation at this very moment. Mickey is arguably one of the most recognized characters in the world. Undoubtedly Mickey generates tons of cash for the Disney company. His "brand equity" is sterling (or perhaps even platinum!). In fact, Mickey is still one of the most expensive characters to license from Disney. But he's still not starring in his own Disney Afternoon cartoon show.

With respect,
-Gordon

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
spcglider said:
When was the last time Mickey had his own cartoon? Mickey's Runaway Bain. When was that? YEARS ago. Why haven't we seen it? Because somebody at Disney quashed it. Why? Who knows? I haven't seen it because somebody at Disney quashed it.
Getting slightly off topic if you want to see "Runaway Brain" it's included on the Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color Volume Two DVD set. Also more recently Mickey, Donald & Goofy got their own DTV-movie, "The Three Musketeers", which is well worth checking out if you're a Mickey fan.

Now back to the Kermit discussion... :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.