Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
ElecMayhem said:
Luke, Kevin, everyone...it truly is nice to be back talking to you guys.Travis
I'm happy to see you back, buddy!! :smile:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
I dunno I'm still thrilled about this coming out. It's something I've wanted for a long time and for me it just doesn't cheapen the value of anything. I know as a fan community we tend to be very protective and sometimes even negative, but I'm thrilled with all the muppet stuff coming out. Forget for a second that it's "Disney" and it's very easy to hate Disney nowadays, but the fact is we've got t-shirts and sweatshirts and DVD's (widescreen to boot) and Season sets, and mechandise and now legit replicas (not cheap stuffed animals). I dunno, but I'm actually kind of happy about what's going on. The Muppet's are alive again.

We can't complain about a product being forgotten and then create a catch-22 when any difference approaches to bring them to life is inherently flawed and bad.

Come June I'll get replica and I'll proudly display it in my house.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit Pattern

Vic Romano said:
Hey everyone; a few days ago I e-mailed Kevin (tioandria) this:

And he was more then kind enough to e-mail me back:

Thank you Kevin for your time in answering my e-mail!
I was Wondering if Kermit is taken from the studio pattern, why he didnt come out perfect?For example, why are Kermit's feet too big if it came from the studio pattern.Now I believe from Vic's reply, that it is just the head that is the direct pattern?Cant Disney give you the full pattern?

Luke

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Are these Toyfairs in the UK?
I was talking about the trade Toyfair in the UK. It's a once yearly event held in January for trade and the press. Lots of the American toy companies come over to display stuff at the stands of their UK distributors. It's not the same as the UK Collectors Toyfairs that happen quite a lot in the country. I'm not sure if MR was at Cards Incs stand but they didn't have the prototype over here, the trade price was about £135 so i'd expect to pay around £180-£200 retail price here.

MWoO

Reaction score
What ist hat in american money?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Luke,

Thanks for the info.

At $249 it may work out better to buy him from the US and have it shipped??

Chris

Bear Man

Reaction score
I thought that too, but $249 is about GBP130 - add to that the shipping costs and then import duty, and if I can manage to get him in the UK at GBP180 I don't think shipping it from the US will work out that much cheaper.

Although that said I actually get to the US quite a bit - so I might just have to make a shopping trip!

Luke

Reaction score
Well if you were to get a friend in the USA to buy it for you and send it over standard surface mail as a gift with no value then you'd probably get past the import tax etc, and what with the Pound/Dollar exchange rate being so CHEAP on the side of us UK'ers at the moment it would probably work out a whole lot cheaper than buying it domestically. The thing is you'd then have the gamble of it going missing and it being very hard to claim on any guarantee with it. BUT - i've rarely had problems with things being sent to the UK and also it's a plush replica so it's not really like much can go wrong with it.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Shipping costs might also drive the UK price up.

I believe the rumor (unconfirmed) was that Kermit was going to go for $200 in The States.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
True about all the comments on posting.

Firstly though, I never have anything sent from the US via Surface Mail, I also think the longer its out there the more risk of loss or damage.

Also I think that with such a unique item as this, I would rather pay slightly more to go and buy it in the UK, even if it means a trip to London, as a fan and avid collector, I am really fussy about tiny detail, even on the box. If I mail ordered it and it arrived with the corners dented, or scuffed on the box, I would be annoyed. By going to a shop and buying him, I can compare them, as long as they have more than 1 on sale, and select the best box and the best looking frog.
I remember in the past especially with the Palisades Mail Order figures, if they arrived and had a slight paint splodge, especially on the yes it ruined the look. Dont want something like this on Replice kermit.....................I know his eyes wont be painted!!

Does anyone know anything about the collectors club that Master Replicas run on there web site? As a Muppet fan, will this benifit Muppet collectors to join?? Is this possible in the UK? Also as Master Replicas do a mail order, I was wandering how much care is taken with mailing, especially with reference to the above!!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.