Ask Ken at Palisades

Foreignman

Reaction score
Frogboy, what character do you think M.A.M.A. would go best with? I know that Ken wanted a robot to come with Link Hogthrob, and M.A.M.A. has some pretty fun interactions with him in this episode. What are your thoughts?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My implication is that he would fit in with any of the Swinetrek characters. He isn't that intricate of a scuplt either - a trashcan with wheels! LOL!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Here's my take on the whole Pepe issue.

In the poll, I voted no.

Do I want a Pepe figure? Sure!

If he's as popular as we like to think he is (honestly, I have no idea how much non-Muppet fans like the prawn), then I'm sure that in a few years time we'll have Pepe merchandise coming out of our ears.

However, I like to think that Palisades is giving some of these "lesser-known" characters a chance. How often have we had the chance to shell out money for a Strangepork anything? Will we have this same chance a few years down the line? Probably not.

But, if Pepe's just as popular as we think he is, then I don't think we'll have a problem with getting our hands on Pepe junk in due time.

This is just my opinion. You don't have to like it, you don't have to care, but you should at least know where I'm coming from...

matleo

Reaction score
I too voted no on the pepe issue but my answewr was clearly no on pepe right now. In the long term, I would love pepe and I agree with with emmy that this line WILL go farenough foir us to have him but when the issue came up there were a LOT of cool characterswho were being thrown aroudn as possibilties and with the line tight NOW, Ithese were characters who could have easily been put on the back burner and forgottedn whereas Pepe is a character I think will be at the top of the list for 2004. I like Pepe and yes I do want to see one but I can also wait for one. that's just my take on it.

--Matt

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
frogboy4
I just sent you head to toe snaps of MAMA. I think this is a very good pack-in for a character who needs one.

Thanks I got them. They will be helpful. I hope I can get approval on it cause it is THE pack-in I was looking for with the PIS figures.

GWGumby
For the EB Exclusive Piggy, besides her hair down sculpt, what else is different? Does she come with different accessories? EB's site shows what they say is a "prototype" with Piggy and a pink boa, but no other objects.

Phillip is right, same accessories colored differently, and a boa, which the regular version does not come with. The Boa is blue.

beaker
TO KEN and JHC: Please don't let a small poll of detractors sway you from making a Pepe figure. Its a no brainer this would sell BIG time, seeing as everybody who saw MFS or the LJS commercials remembers him.

He is not totally off the table. Just off the table for a while.

MaxGoof Forgive me if this has been answered and I missed it... but is there any chance of a BEAN BUNNY...?

Not at present. Although he would be a cool figure to do.

Gorgon Heap Ken,
Quick question for my future reference which you've no doubt answered already: all future Piggys (First Mate Piggy, Nurse Piggy, Biker Piggy) will have the head sculpt with hair down, correct?

Abso-friggin-lutely. The hair up was a decent thing for one fig...although I personally prefer the hair down one, so yeah hair down it is.

Ken

Luke

Reaction score
I Think the thing with Pepe is that he would be Absolutely 100%, Definitely, Totally and Positively Out Of Place in a 'Muppet Show' line of figures. It makes it look totally amateurish if you have a non Muppet Show character in packaging that tells you the line is about the classic 'Muppet Show'

Would i like a Pepe figure ? Yes most definitely, it would beat Dr Bob anyday, though i think Cory was getting a little over excited about how well it would sell (He's not THAT well known, and won't be till the Fox show starts), but i just wouldn't like to see the line messed up by casting the whole main concept aside.

If there is a way the packaging or name of the line could change before characters like Pepe get made then i'm all for it, perhaps if Palisades were to start making figures for the new Fox show or something he could be included seamlessly.

towels

Reaction score
Hear, hear!
Since this is a line of Muppet Show characters I think it should stay Muppet Show Characters. If they do well enough (and blowing out of TRU in 30 minutes should certainly help), I would hope JHC would allow expansion into other muppety projects that have been asked for on here- Pepe, movie characters, perhaps even Henson Hour things.
(Or maybe I prefer Sal)

Hey, I'm too lazy to look...is the newsman figure planned?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes, the news figure is planned in series 5. He will come with his desk etc.

On another note - by the time Pepe would have the opportunity to be introduced the anniversary will be over and the packaging will likely change, This will integrate him into the line more seamlessly, but that's just one frogboy's opinoin. I hope this line lasts long enough for many figures to be made. And actually I don't find Pepe out of place at all. No one has mentioned thet he appears on the racecars with the Muppet Show 25 logo on it. I see no problem here. Henson obviously wants this guy represented.

I hope that Lips, Nigel, Uncle Deadly and others will be included in this series as well. I think Pepe would be a better choice for a "big gun" to package with a wave so he'd likely only be taking the place of a variant - not an unreleased character. In that case how could anyone say no?