Ask Ken at Palisades

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Koozebane playset

Hey Ken,

I had an idea today while at work (in Toy dept. at Meijer, though I'm only in Toys one day a week and Sports/Auto the rest). I love the fact you're doing a Koozebane playset and am thrilled that it will (at least as of this moment) include the male and female Koozebanians and the Koozbanian Phoob. I thought of a possible way to get the guys from "Hugga Wugga" in there. In that number, they're in an area thick with dense ground fog, as if it's coming from a spring or swamp or other body of water. Perhaps, then, you could put a swampy area within the playset (how you would fake the smoke I don't know). As to the main character's "smoking" the other characters, perhaps instead of smoke he could squirt water from his nose (like so many other toys based off of things that smoke). Just a thought I thought I'd pass on to you.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The local EB won't let me reserve anything via credit card so it may be online transactions for me. Anyone else having this trouble? Is this typical? I'm not used to this crazy world of collectibles.
Don't worry. Not too many brick-and-mortar stores will take a credit card to reserve anything.

Typically, in the case of EB, they'll create a customer file for you on their computer with your name and number, and when an item comes in that you've reserved, they'll call you and hold it for you.

Some comic book stores may do things differently depending on what they usually order from their distributors, but for the most part stores that do let customers reserve items (which is quite a rarity to begin with) do it pretty much the same way EB does.

Piggy is the only thing I'm having EB hold for me (and I would recommend ordering something like that online only if you're really REALLY worried about never finding it in a store), but everything else I'll just keep checking my local TRU's for. What fun is it to collect action figures when they're all waiting for you in a stack behind a store counter? Sheesh...so much for the thrill of the hunt. :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: Re: Koozebane playset

Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Hey Ken,
I love the fact you're doing a Koozebane playset and am thrilled that it will (at least as of this moment) include the male and female Koozebanians and the Koozbanian Phoob. I thought of a possible way to get the guys from "Hugga Wugga" in there. In that number, they're in an area thick with dense ground fog, as if it's coming from a spring or swamp or other body of water. Perhaps, then, you could put a swampy area within the playset (how you would fake the smoke I don't know). As to the main character's "smoking" the other characters, perhaps instead of smoke he could squirt water from his nose (like so many other toys based off of things that smoke).
Thought about the hugga wugga's...what about the things from the Dom Deloise episode? What are those things called? I was considering doing a bit of both and just having a crater area where those guys could pop up and the hugga wugga creatures. That is JUST a thought...I don't even have a clue how to make the whole thing work yet...still trying to get Swinetrek off the ground. IN fact...it is so heavily weighing my mind I can't sleep...hence the 12:51 post...WAY past my bed time.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Koozebane playset

Originally posted by ResidentLilly
what about the things from the Dom Deloise episode? What are those things called?
Were they in fact ever named in any context? I think they are generally just referred to as The Merdiladops.

matleo

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Koozebane playset

Originally posted by ResidentLilly

still trying to get Swinetrek off the ground. IN fact...it is so heavily weighing my mind I can't sleep.
Well there's your problem right there. It doesn't actually have to "leave the ground" I mean, I know you want the playesets to be fun, but making the Swinetrek fly?!?! That really is going a bit overboard don't ya think? Hope that helps.

--Matt

PS--I think this forum is getting to me.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Merdlelidop

You know, we never have found out how to officially spell those little guys's name. That does it, I'm emailing Henson.com and finding out once and for all.

BTW Ken, perhaps for the craters for the merdlelidops (sp?) you could scatter them around and put push buttons on the front or side of the playset (around the base). It's okay if you don't get the Hugga Wugga guys in there (come to think of it they were never named); they don't live in craters anyhow. I'll try and get you the spelling for merdlelidop so you'll have it for future reference if you need it on the package.

matleo

Reaction score
Actually Gorgon,

The main Huaaga Wugga guy (the onw who sings Hugga Wugga) is named Sclrapp Flyapp. I don't know about the other two though.

--Matt

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I forgot about that. I wondered for a long time if they were the same character (since in "Hugga Wugga" the character never says "Sclrapp Flyapp", which is according to Henson.com all he ever says).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken,

Quick question for my future reference which you've no doubt answered already: all future Piggys (First Mate Piggy, Nurse Piggy, Biker Piggy) will have the head sculpt with hair down, correct?

FER SURE

Reaction score
I think that all Piggy figs should come with their hair in Pig Tails. Get it? Pig Tails.. Ha Ha.. ..........NO? ok Sorry