Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But don't forget how bulky the Real Ghostbusters' Firehouse was. Besides, if it IS a do-it-yerse'f kinda toy, it might decrease the cost of production (?)

I dunno about it being 4" high, but it only really has to be a little higher than the Swedish Kitchen, but definitely (if he's made) higher than Sweetums. As far as the balconies, they don't have to be so HIGH up off the bottom of the stage. We would only really need it to be like 1" from the top of the playset, and if it hangs kinda low, that would be okay with me--as long as S&W's heads are high enough to give it the right effect.

Someone said either here or at the Palisades forum that it would be a great item to close out the whole line; I however consider it a cooler idea for the line to just go on forever til we get everything we all want (I'm dreaming again), but the backstage and stage playsets could both be the whole part of a whole series, then pick up with the characters again in the following series. I'd be okay with that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken has stated in this very thread that if the theater were to be made it would be massive and it would have at least one balcony. I threw around some rather large measurement specs and was told I was thinking too small. Remember, this will be a deluxe set if it ever comes out.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
But don't forget how bulky the Real Ghostbusters' Firehouse was. Besides, if it IS a do-it-yerse'f kinda toy, it might decrease the cost of production (?)

I dunno about it being 4" high, but it only really has to be a little higher than the Swedish Kitchen, but definitely (if he's made) higher than Sweetums. As far as the balconies, they don't have to be so HIGH up off the bottom of the stage. We would only really need it to be like 1" from the top of the playset, and if it hangs kinda low, that would be okay with me--as long as S&W's heads are high enough to give it the right effect.

Someone said either here or at the Palisades forum that it would be a great item to close out the whole line; I however consider it a cooler idea for the line to just go on forever til we get everything we all want (I'm dreaming again), but the backstage and stage playsets could both be the whole part of a whole series, then pick up with the characters again in the following series. I'd be okay with that.
Fozzie, 4" is four inches not four feet, I think. What I meant was that the stage would have to be 4 inches off the ground at least.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Fozzie, 4" is four inches not four feet, I think. What I meant was that the stage would have to be 4 inches off the ground at least.
Yep, that's 4 inches.

It would have to be huge, and I really wouldn't mind it. I have a whole table space where it could go, and I WANT IT!!

I may just be dreaming about it, but it would be cool. I also like the idea of a singular balcony that can hang on the wall to put the S&W into, like was mentioned at Palisades' forum. I think it's just a neat-o idea.

FOZ

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Toy collectors and enthusiasts are due for a mega sized, absolutely enormous, playset :wink: I want something on the scale of the USS Flagg from GI Joe lol

Its nice to see a company thinking about making such a large set though, a lot of companies wont even go that far. Now if Habsro could just take some lessons and produce some super massive Star Wars playsets, my world would be a better place :wink:

I know I'd fork over some major bank to get a well proportioned and scaled theatre set

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
I know I'd fork over some major bank to get a well proportioned and scaled theatre set
Right on!!

Hey, remember the Star Wars Action Fleet with the ships and playsets and figures whose arms and legs were poseable?

Wonder what the chances would be for that in Muppets? They could pack several Muppets in a pack, have Penguin/Chicken/Rat packs, accessories packs, we could have the theater in full on a smaller scale, and maybe even the cars. What do you all think about that? I'd buy them!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
Its nice to see a company thinking about making such a large set though, a lot of companies wont even go that far. Now if Habsro could just take some lessons and produce some super massive Star Wars playsets, my world would be a better place :wink:

...the large sets Hasbro HAS produced in the last few years, including the Queen's Starship from TPM and the Arena Playset from AOTC, haven't sold very well at all at retail, and they both were being clearanced; they also take up a lot of shelf space (in the stores), which may be why Hasbro has been shying away from them.

And as much as I love Star Wars and my Star Wars toys, I know I didn't buy either one of them...

Of course the Muppets are different in so many ways...but we've already seen a scaling back from one playset per series to one for every two series...hopefully the sales of the Mayhem Stage and the Swedish Kitchen will encourage retailers to buy more playsets from Palisades, and then Palisades will make more.

Of course, the only part of this we have control over is to buy the characters and playsets already out, right?

:big_grin:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Its unfortunate that big ticket items like the Star Wars stuff you mentioned doesnt sell well at retail, although I did pick them up and love them :wink: If they could limit the pieces though, and make them retail exclusives, the popularity goes up pretty quickly. Look at the new Shuttle Tyderium, nearly twice the size of the arena playset and nearly three times the price point, and it has been very popular due to its limited nature, but also because of the established fan base. Prequel toys just dont have the following that the original trilogy toys do, and that was a huge factor in the failing of the Queen's ship and the Arena playset. I still think large Star Wars sets would have staying power, if the right sets were chosen, and if they kept them limited.

Hopefully with the addition of Target to the line of retailers, support will grow for the Muppet figures. It seems only natural that if it is successful at Target that other large retailers will pick them up, such as WalMart and Meijer. I really think they will take off once they are more established, and even though we are already close to Series 4, it doesnt seem like they have a lot of presense.

If you could get a retailer, such as Target, to invest their shelfspace in a large ticket item like a Mega-Deluxe Theater playset, I think it would go off very well.

Im anxious for Target to get the new Muppet stuff, as I will be doing all of my Muppet shopping there. Not only to support a new retailer carrying the line, but also to save some serious scratch on shipping costs...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
One thing to remember about the Tydirium. It is a re-issue of an old product. They already tooled it long ago. So the up-front costs to produce it as an exclusive were minimal. The Stage Playset would have to be tooled from scratch.