Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
such a good impersonation
*Takes A Bow*

Now, moving away from the insane western pig lust - i have a question for Kenneth :-

*Drum Roll*

Does the Palisades license cover the two original pilots for 'The Muppet Show' ('The Muppet Valentine Show' and 'The Muppet Show : Sex and Violence') ?

I was thinking, on a technicality it might !

CherryPizza

Reaction score
While we're at it, does the licence include the stars, birds, and other weird and wonderful creatures that would have flown around characters' heads/before their eyes after Miss Piggy karate chopped them?

Sure, we wouldn't have seen it on the TV, but Kermit just might have seen a Fraggle, or Grover, in his dizzy state :smile:

Cherry "clutching at enough straws to feed Buster the Horse" Pizza

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this seems as good a place as any to ask my questions. If you guys think I should start a separate thread asking about the same subject, then let me know and I'll start one up fright away!

You guys know that I'm trying to set up a massive Muppet Party project taking place at the Count von Count's castle where all the Muppet family guests bring marble numbers as their gifts. Well, as of fright now I'm working in developing the level bosses on apar with the figure releases ffrom Palisades. Here's my question. Since I like mythic monsters/creatures and I have a mind for creating characters like animal humanoids and the such...

Do you think that the bosses should be small ghosts with simplified designs?
Or should the bosses be fully-designed or detailled mythic creatures.

An example of both would be the following. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew must fight the Atom Ghost to retrieve his marble number 3, the Atom Ghost designed to look like a flying atom nucleus within a plastic dome surrounded by electron bands. Or, one of the Merggles must confront Scylla to retrieve their marble number 300, Scylla would look like a female human with a mermaid's tail and six angry dogheads placed around her waistline who can reach out to grab bodies thanks to their elastic necks.
Tell me which of the two ideas I should pursue by placing posts to the matter here, and I'll let you know just what I've got going on in that dark vortex of creativity I call my mind. Thanks for the help with the subject and have a good day.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Muppet Party

Ken-

My stars! I just cruised over to the Palisades site and looked at the Muppet party pictures! They're great! They answer my scale questions too. Rizzo looks perfectly sized, and now I've got a good idea of how big the Kitchen playset is, a better idea than the original Kitchen/Lab comparison shot. This means it will fit on the shelf I designated for it (can't wait to receive it; I'm stoked!)

Mega Beaker is already out, correct? After seeing it with the others I'm debating getting it (although I'm running out of space and should save it for the ones I really want- goodness knows the exclusives are already taking up space). I'll be getting Mega Animal though. One comment about the scale of those two in relation to as-of-yet unmade monster figures- Animal and Beaker look like they're exactly the right size for Sweetums and Thog, respectively. The heights and height differences are exactly right for the two main monsters. I know the Megas are approximately 12 inches, but do you know the exact heights for the Beaker and Animal megas? Thanks.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The heights and height differences are exactly right for the two main monsters. I know the Megas are approximately 12 inches, but do you know the exact heights for the Beaker and Animal megas?

Beaker is about 13, Animal is about 12.25.

Does the Palisades license cover the two original pilots for 'The Muppet Show' ('The Muppet Valentine Show' and 'The Muppet Show : Sex and Violence') ?

I am not sure. I would think so, but when you examine the fine print, that's a question not easily answered.

By the way, i just wondered, does the Kitchen come with a rolling pin ?

It doesn't have one.

Janice looks spectacular! I know you are making a few tweaks, but my only question is the hair color. Will that be painted a brighter yellow?

We did paint it according to the specs we were given, sort of a faded yellow. But I guess that is one of those things that can always be examined more closely down the road.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Floyd Problem

Hey Ken,
Not sure if this is the riht place to ask, so forgive me if it's not because I've never been placed in this position, before. I just got Floyd, finally, only to be dissappointed to find that his magnets were reversed, allowing him to only wear his hat upside-down. What can I do about this? Is there anyway I could get a replacement, at least for the hat? Thanks a lot for all of your help. Take care.

-Squigiman

Luke

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that for those not visiting the Palisades Forum regularly yet ..... well, you really should be as Ken has announced the Series 6 Major Retailer Exclusive - it's Vacation Pepe !

He is a new sculpt aside from the head and legs from the original version. He comes with a Scuba Mask, Bathing Suit, Flippers, Snorkel, Magazine, Martini and a Travel Trunk (which opens) with stickers.

radionate

Reaction score
Were pictures posted Luke? I can never find the threads over there, as there are so many that talk about the same thing.

Luke

Reaction score
Nope, no pictures. I think it's too early for that yet - it seems they are going to be a little more strategic in the way information is released now as they have a new marketing person onboard to get the right publicity and exposure for the line.