Ask Ken at Palisades

WiGgY

Reaction score
It could be the ligting but it definatly looks better.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I feel bean is part of the group just a small part but still part ofthe gang, you could see he was working up there in the Muppets at Walt Disney World and was going to be one of Steve main muppets besided Rizzo at the time. Was bean at all in Muppet Tonight? I can't remember.

i would feel he would be great for a cute action figure, it's bean bunny here! Hasn"t he worn the same out fit weither it was in MFS, MCC, or the JHH? It would be the same no matter what, i guess he could come with a turkey, people could use it in the kicthen that's one food item that didn't come and would work. and because it's not a muppet, it's not a pack in. athough a muppet turkey would be cool. a cute little blue teddy bear would be neat too, like in that pic of bean on the old muppets.com site, but i don't know what rights are taken there. maybe HE could come with muppet fruit and veggies! I"d think we all would thin muppet veggies would be a neat idea, and bean bunny is...a bunny, so it works, just how much would it cost to make?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
You do realize he debuted before the Jim Henson Hour right? I mean, you are the *uber crazed edgy Muppet freak* right? They certainly would know such things. :rolleyes:

I really hope to see him as a figure in his traditional garb of his little red jacket and blue scarf. Thats pretty much what he's worn in everything, so I don't see how not having rights to the JHH would stand in the way of that!

Bring on Bean Bunny! (He's been a fav of mine since the day I saw him.
OMG, thanks Nate! Man, I need more sleep, heh. Yes, I meant a full TWO years(Tales of the bunny Picnic) before JHH. But...it was JHH where I saw BEan debuted(John Candy episode, where he made his proper debut) Im with ya Nate tho, BRING ON THE BUNNY!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Zack the Dog,

Yes, Bean was in MT for at least one episode that I know of. He asked Jonny if he wanted to buy some cookies, or chocolate or something. Sal then smacked him and he fell out the window. That's about the extent of Bean's MT career :big_grin: . If Palisades had trouble with licensing for Bean they could always say, "Well look at him falling out the windown on MT. This is MT Falling Out The Window Bean, not JHH Bean." :big_grin:

I though Richard Hunt did bean and that Steve took him over. IS this true or was Bean always Steve's? Personally I would like to see Bean make a come back. I didn't get a chance to see the JHH and would love to see how he was used. Also, will Disney be rerunning that Muppets Go to Disney Special anytime soon? I remeber small parts of it but for the most part it's sketchy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Was that in the UK version? I don't remember that in the US.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Was that the UK version of MT with Bean? If that's what you meant, no I saw it right here in NY. I have it on tape. It may be the same show where Jonny's Ma visited "witha her sauce". The Martin Short episode maybe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'll check it, but I never noticed Bean on MT. How could I miss that? :confused:

matleo

Reaction score
No it was in the US, but it was in one of the episodes that only aired on Disney Channel. Can't for the life of me remember which one.

Bean has always been Steve's character. Richard was known more for doing loud, bombastic characters. Bean woud have been too sweet for him. he played Bean's brother in the TBP and then later in the WDW special they clumped Bean and Scooter together so Richard had characters who were always kind of antoganized by Bean. Hope this helps.

--Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Bean Bunny made his debut in The Tale of The Bunny Picnic in 1986.
He then made regular appearances on The Jim Henson Hour in 1989.
He teamed up with Scooter in The Muppets at Walt Disney World in 1990 and was the star of Muppet Vision 3D.
He was in the Muppets On Location stage show at Walt Disney World in the early 90's.
He also made a cameo in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson in 1990.
He played a poor boy in The Muppet Christmas Carol in 1992.
He made some cameo's in Muppets Tonight in 1996, And then i think he was in Muppets From Space in 1999.
He was at MuppetFest in 2000.
Then his last appearance was in Its A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie in December of 2002.

The only time he changed his outfit was for The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Steve Whitmere has performed him the whole time.

I find it weird that he wasnt in A Muppet Family Christmas, Because that was taped after The Tale of the Bunny Picnic.

see ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
that sum it all up Warrick, yes he was in MFS, as he got smooshed in a door with a cream pie in his face as piggy entered the room, i think the year was 1999 though.;-) and we all know he made a cameo in IAVMMCM this past Decmember.