Ask Ken at Palisades

Foreignman

Reaction score
Just to voice my opinion, I would much rather see the chicken in der baskee, then the lobsters... Not a sentece you see every day.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am sure that Palisades needs to recoup costs of the tooling involved with the lobsters so they need to be released. Heck, do I smell a possible 2 variant idea?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i kinda think for mass market appeal the chicken and hoop is the far better choice to include with a Chef variant. After all it's not just the hardcore Muppet fans you'd be selling to and it's a single packed figure. The lobsters were a great idea for the playset but the majority of people who get their hands on the variant will have no idea about them. They'd probably be much better a club thing for people who have bought the kitchen.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Only problem is, the Lobsters are done, sculpted, tooled and approved. The Chicken and Basket are not. When all is said and done, this is a decision that can only be made financially...heck, I would prefer the chicken and basket, because it is something new to work on...but it is what it is.

Luke

Reaction score
Yup understood. Shame though. Anyways, i'm sure there are plenty of people waiting to to get their hands on the lobsters too.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Only problem is, the Lobsters are done, sculpted, tooled and approved.<<<

I just wish we didnt have to wait til next Summer for em...have ya guys seen the sculpts on these 3 guys, yowza! Though if Ken and co. decide to make a booster pack I'll be more than happy!

>>>Yup understood. Shame though. Anyways, i'm sure there are plenty of people waiting to to get their hands on the lobsters too<<<

Maybe Ken could release the lobsters early to us through the Fan Club...I'd pay $20 for em for sure!

grail

Reaction score
yes, by all means...let's make Ken give us special dispensation just because you're impatient...he's already said we'll get them. why can't that be good enough? so we have to wait a little longr, so what? by the time series 3 comes out, summer will be right around the corner. just be patient, sheesh...

(sorry if i seem a bit touchy...i'm still in a foul mood about...other threads)

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Just to give everyone the heads up, the newest issue of ToyFare (#64) has a little interview with our favorite Palisades product developer.

But....um....the magazine doesn't really seem to be sure what gender Ken is.

Did something happen during the chat, Ken? Did you go off and have some sort of temporary reassignment surgery?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by ZootandDingo
Just to give everyone the heads up, the newest issue of ToyFare (#64) has a little interview with our favorite Palisades product developer.

But....um....the magazine doesn't really seem to be sure what gender Ken is.

Did something happen during the chat, Ken? Did you go off and have some sort of temporary reassignment surgery?
I didn't see it...but that has happened before. The word "Lilly" is very feminine and I have often had that come up. Where did they say that?

matleo

Reaction score
LOL!!!
Yeah remember back a few hundred pages when we had someone who thought Ken was TWO people: Ken AND Lilly. Who was that? I don't know why but that really amuses me right now...then again shiney things amuse me right now.

--Matt