Ask Ken at Palisades

King Prawn

Reaction score
This is not really an "ASk Ken" question it's more of a "Ask Who Ever Has An Answer" question, so here it is.

Does anyone no where i can pre-order a blue shirt Floyd?

simon42

Reaction score
This came up in another thread, but is the Gonzo listed in series 5 going to be wearing a tux or his classic purple suit? Please God, let it be the latter. I think most folks would prefer the purple suit.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by simon42
This came up in another thread, but is the Gonzo listed in series 5 going to be wearing a tux or his classic purple suit? Please God, let it be the latter. I think most folks would prefer the purple suit.
I think it's the purple suit with Camilla...

Luke

Reaction score
I would actually prefer a more modern Gonzo than purple suit or Tux. Now they have the ok to do stuff right across the Muppet genre it'd be nice to see him in his jumper or jacket - maybe even an outfit from one of the movies. Purple suit is ok - but we already have the cannon Gonzo from TMS, and that will make another TMS Gonzo. I hope we get to see others in the future - i like the modern Gonzo look a lot better !

incredeeble!

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have a purple suit gonzo than the cannon gonzo. I like the traditional look better. I wouldn't mind seeing him all wrapped up in foil though! It probably wouldn't have much playing value but it would be pretty funny. Or better yet a Gonzo on a tractor/mower...
:wink:

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by incredeeble!
I think I'd rather have a purple suit gonzo than the cannon gonzo. I like the traditional look better. I wouldn't mind seeing him all wrapped up in foil though! It probably wouldn't have much playing value but it would be pretty funny. Or better yet a Gonzo on a tractor/mower...
:wink:
Heh...I can just see the scene at Palisades now...
"okay smarty, you figured out how to get a grand piano on a blister card, now figure out a John Deere!"
:smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
How's everybody doing?

It seemed to me that the suits might not have been so metallic purple but almost metallic pink-like in some episodes?????

Really hard to lock anybody down at Henson over this. But I think once they see the paint masters we have, we will be able to move further along in the debate. Currently, they all have a purplish metallic torso with white leotard like pants and silver boots. That may change however...not sure if Piggy has bare legs or not...I do have some pictures that show her legs...but they are all illustrations. Same with the other guys. This is a tough one...we are venturing into characters that have little to no real previous product out there. Rizzo was easy...these PIS figs are gonna be tough to nail.

In regards to Star Wars, at what point does parody fair-use cross into copyright violation?

Has something to do with one time usages and stuff like that...but who knows? Not me...I'm a product guy, not a lawyer!

Since you have started down the Kubrick slope thought you maybe interested in this:
Star Wars Kubricks

Yeah I will have to get these. I got some Star Wars Kubricks, or what I THOUGHT were Kubricks, in China...they may have been something else. But they were in the same style. Heck so many people are doing these that it is tough to tell whose style is whose. I did get the Trek Mini-Mates...they ROCK.

Does anyone no where i can pre-order a blue shirt Floyd?

Isn't New Force Comics taking pre-orders on this?

Not sure I get this. In every shot I have ever seen, he has a tux. It is a tail-less tux, but a tux nonetheless, with a bow tie. Am I missing something here? Was there a suit I don't know about? In any case, the next Gonzo is the purple tux with Camilla. I agree with Luke, I would've liked to do some movie version first, but he was already almost complete with the sculpt so I felt compelled to put him in Series 5 rather than sit on it another what could be a year. Series 5 and 6 are still heavy with show versions for the same reasons...many of the sculpts are complete or deep in progress, it isn't until Series 7 that you have almost all movie or MT characters. In fact I think there is nary a single TMS piece in S7...maybe an exclusive. Don't have my list in front of me.

simon42

Reaction score
You're right Ken, I wasn't being clear. I was just wondering whether he would be in his classic purple tux or a black tux like Kermit and Rowlf. Thanks!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ah now I understand...the figure is in the purple tux cut more like a suit coat, no tails or raised waistcoat looking thing...satin lapels, satin tie and pocket trim, carnation in breast pocket.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ah now I understand...the figure is in the purple tux cut more like a suit coat, no tails or raised waistcoat looking thing...satin lapels, satin tie and pocket trim, carnation in breast pocket.

Sounds like the purple suit to me. Best way to tell is the color of the reference pics- is it maroon or lavender? The maroon is the usual chorus tux, the lavender is his suit (or maybe it IS a tux; how should I know, "I'm a doctor not a tailor, darn it!")

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole