Ask Ken at Palisades

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Foil Friends

Ken and others (Dwyane, Warrick). I have to say that you guys have inspired me. So now, I present to you, my action figure:

When I started off, it was supposed to be Scooter. However, as you can see it didn't really turn out that way. So, after consulting with my consultant, she said to call it "Foil Friends". This here is Squishy Bottom the Foil Friend.

Actually, all of this was an excuse to play with tin foil.

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Ken,
So when can we see the painted figures of Floyd, Crazy Harry & Animal?

Sam T Eagle

Raech

Reaction score
Ken...

Ok this was my last reply before we left Delphi:

:smile: Well, women feel like everyone wants something from them all the time. And with planning a wedding that can only be intensified. So now is not the time. After it is all over, she would laugh.

I am so very happy for you and I hope some of my suggestions help you in thinking out ways to dispurse your treasures to your friends and family.

As for people here thinking how great it would be to get their mits on these. It is human nature and no one is immune. :smile:

When is this wonderful event happening?

Back to ask Ken type questions. Just repaints for exclusives. How will this effect the Rowlf? Will the other be a normal furry rowlf with a black piano and bethoven bust? On the regular one (if you still do a brown grand piano) will the lighter brown neato pattern be applied to all the edges?

You can tell I got the DVDs this week, yes? :wink:
Gosh I am glad the only one I have to worry about getting is the Tux Kermit. EB exclusives are easy, and inexpensive. So I just have my local store reserve me one.

I am wondering what your variant Fozzie will be now for season 2. (of course I see where above you state there won't be one.) -RaechReiter

King Prawn

Reaction score
Ken

Now that we're here in the to forum, could you please tell us the good and bad news that delphi didn't let you tell us.

thank you:wink:

Raech

Reaction score
Here I saved the email from Ken:

The board doesn't seem to want to LET me post this... Here is what I wrote and tried to post...enjoy!

...and probably the last thread I will start over here. But I knew you guys were anxious to know. Actually I am also very bored so I felt like visiting the boards. It's late Friday night so here I sit...what else am I gonna do...go get "massagey"?

Beaker/Muppet Labs
As you know Beaker is way messed up. Lab Playset still coming out, but shipping a bit later than expected. Probably gonna leave Hong Kong in mid to late May. That puts it on shelf about 3 weeks behind the figs. You should see this piece of...um, no objectionable words. I might show pics one day when the real one is finished. I got some test shots! I got some test shots! Bwuhahahahahahahahahahaha! If only it wouldn't be a huge breach of etiquette to sell those bad boys on e-bay! I'd be RICH!!!!! LOL.

Patrol Bear
Out of Series 2. Been much concern about the exclusives. Board posts indicate fear and nervousness about getting them. We were discussing it over IM a few days ago and decided that we are gonna pull back on the choice exclusives. We will still do some repaints with minor sculpt change, like the Piggy, but don't feel real comfortable with the possibility that someone out there, in UK or anywhere else, might get scalped on a premo figure like Patrol Bear. So the major re-sculpted exclusives are gonna be put to rest for a while. Ain't saying they aren't coming back for sure, but we think we should hold and see where stuff goes. Patrol Bear will be moved into the regular assortment of a series, possibly series 5. This also means that all aforementioned big time sculptural exclusives are going bye bye for now. They will get re-integrated as the series continues.

I don't consider that bad news. Some might. If you really were gnashing your teeth to get your hands on it you might be steamed. If you were worried about gettin one, you can now vacuum up those hairs you were pulling out.

Schedule
Some unforeseen events have caused the Muppets 3 series to move on the schedule. That affects the entire year. That means Muppets 2 has to be bumped a month out and so does 4 so that they don't crowd each other. So 4 will now ship in August and 3 will ship in late October and 4 in late Dec/early Jan. Now to me this is the bad news. I wanted those figs on my shelf before the end of the year. But it does have an upside...series will last longer and allow for more cool stuff.

THE BEST NEWS OF ALL
Electric Mayhem stage. It is sculpted. OHMYGAWDOHMYGAWD. It was so cool to walk into the office this morning (not my office, the factory office) and see it in 3-dimensions. I had only done technical specs on it and had yet to see any real 3-D stuff. I was floored. Of course then I felt sick when I started to realize what it will do to my budget. It is WAY more complicated than even I was expecting. I can't wait for you to see it. If we get approval on the sculpt I might try to show it on the Daily Bit next week. That's a big IF though...so no promises.

Oh so, that is what I was getting at about Harry. I didn't even realize I had dropped that hint until I read people's posts. Now since the schedule slid Harry is coming out in September. And the funny thing is that we had bumped him to Series 2 because we were hoping to avoid that! Weird how things work out. I just hope people understand that this is a character, a puppet, and nothing more. People reacted so harshly to Marvin Nash (our ResDogs guy) that much of the product got pulled from shelves and destroyed. Tragic. He was just a character too. No one was saying it was cool to beat up a cop. But the climate created a sort of hazy frenzy from which there really was no escape. Oh well.

That's the news from Hong Kong, where all the women are small, all the men are good at looking, and all the children will one day grow up to dominate the global economy.

Later,
Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

I wanted to know your thoughts on my new projected chart. I have collected much of the infrormation and alterations, but don't yet know how close it is. I noted some guesses and I realize that it's all still up in the air until they get shipped, but what is your take on it?

http://www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures/

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We are doing a special variant for Chicago, but it's my boy Chris Redfield in full camouflage, not a Muppet Show fig.

Ken

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
So when can we see the painted figures of Floyd, Crazy Harry & Animal?

How about tomorrow on the Daily Bit of our website? We are showing all 5 of the Series 2 figs and consolidating the info about them.

Back to ask Ken type questions. Just repaints for exclusives. How will this effect the Rowlf? Will the other be a normal furry rowlf with a black piano and bethoven bust? On the regular one (if you still do a brown grand piano) will the lighter brown neato pattern be applied to all the edges?

No Rowlf in Tux, so no Variant at all of Rowlf. He will just come with a candleabra and brown piano. Don't know about the detailing yet. Depends on what make of piano we actally decide on. But yeah we will probably do some detailing on it. Series 3 variants will likely be Scooter and Zoot.

I wanted to know your thoughts on my new projected chart. I have collected much of the infrormation and alterations, but don't yet know how close it is. I noted some guesses and I realize that it's all still up in the air until they get shipped, but what is your take on it?

My take is that it is interesting, but you put the exclusives that were taken out of the line back in as exclusives later in the line. That won't happen. Patrol Bear will kick someone out of Series 5 completely, not become an exclusive again. His likely target? The last one added to the line. "Last hired first fired."

After Series 4 (whose Link exclusive cannot be civilian because that requires too much extra sculpture!) it is really sketchy at best, although I have proposed a new line-up to Henson based on the current data and await their response.

There you have it. And also your list is missing some accessories, but that is no biggie. I like the look of it. I also like tha fact that you are trying to keep it consolidated in one area. Cool.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

I'll fix that. I always seem to miss something. I guess I mistakenly replaced the other Fozzie with the Patrol Fozzie.

This means Sweetums is bumped? Oh, I really was looking forward to him well before Patrol Bear. I'll adjust the chart. It really does make it easier for me to visualize the posts and see what I have possibly overlooked.

I guess I'll switch out the other minor characters I listed as hopefuls and and replace them with the once exclusive figures. Hmmm.

http://www.jamesvier.com/muppets/figures/

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
It might be a good idea to bump Sweetums actually. In order to do him right, he won't be cheap to produce. Therefore I might have to consider him being in a playset type of situation. I am investigating that even now. I don't want to have to make huge compromises in articulation or scale just to squeeze him into the regular assortment.

Later,
Ken