Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes? Can you expand? We have been wondering which variants have been scrapped if there will be any more this year. I'm knid of confused on this point.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Sorry. Had to do that. :smile:

For S2 we still have the Gonzo repaint with the crash helmet and probably now a Floyd variant with a new guitar. That's iffy...we just thought to do that and we have to get it approved by Henson.

For S3 that will probably be a Zoot repaint and a Scooter repaint with the superhero stuff. I need a pic from that show. Can't remember how many new sculpted items it will take and I have very little reference in the hotel.

S4 will likely be Janice and Link. But what we do with them is anybody's guess right now.

That's about all I know so far.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

LOL! I figured that. I am sooo glad that there will still be variants. I agree that this way is much better. I don't think I have the superhero Scooter pic, but I'm sure someone else on the forum does. It's from the Christopher Reeve ep of The Muppet Show.

Having these Electric Mayhem member exclusives is really a great idea! Love it. Maybe have the repaint reflect something a bit more current looking? The variant Janice could be sans hat with the pigtail she wore later on. Floyd and Zoot could have different hats etc. Just ideas.

Link! I am sure I am with everyone on the board here when I say a plain clothes Link would totally kick butt. That should be a relatively easy repaint to make and I could find some sort of picture for you.

Hope the Dr. Teeth exclusive comes out on your site. And as I said before, I am getting on the 2003 Lips bandwagon these days. He's just too cool.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You all may know your Muppet lore way more than me, but wasn't the superhero Scooter on the Linda Carter episode? I thought a bunch of them wore capes and stuff on that show.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually, you may be right. I always though it was the Christopher Reeve ep. I did not receive the Odyssey Channel and did not catch many Nick re -runs before that, so I am a little rusty about some of that stuff. I do know that Miss Piggy appeared as Wonder Pig in the Linda Carter ep and in a tiny black and white picture from The Works, a few characters (inlucing scooter) are featured with costumes.

Maybe they did it in both, I don't know. I remember the characters unsuccessfully trying to fly and I thought that was in the Reeve ep.

matleo

Reaction score
ken

Yeah, it's Linda Carter (one of my favorite episodes). Scooter, Lew, Link, Fozzie, and gonzo take a correspondence course on "How to be a Super hero. (the booklet on "how to be a Superhero would be a great acesssory). Also in that episode, Piggy plays WonderPig and the heckler-sting at the end features Statler as "Moneyman!"
So, superheroes in chris Reeve, but some real bad Shakespeare!
OK, now, I'm confused. I thought variants were out (besides the repaints) No are there going to be 7 repaints (plus the Kermit variant) instead of four.
to that end, Zoot's an easy choice for repaint cause he changed color so many times. Hope all is well
--Matt

Scooter: Anyone can fly as long as he believes that he can. Stand at the top a very tall ladder (looks up ladder) and say to yourself "I was born to fly..." (Muppets repeat this) "...the air is my home...." (Muppets repeat this) Now that you believe that, step off the ladder and float to the ceiling! (muppets come crashing down one by one)

bw0000

Reaction score
Muppet Exclusives

Ken,

I read on your web site that at the Wizard World convention in Philly you will be offering two exclusive figures (Kermit and Dr. Teeth). I will not be able to make it to Philly to the convention, can you help me in getting them? Will you website offer them for sale?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Only one of those is for sale. The Dr. Teeth will be for sale at the con. The Kermit is a giveaway to people in the industry that get invited to the party that Wizard hosts. It is a regualr Kermit, the only difference is that it is a) going to be available to the people who get it before it hits stores and b) it will be packed inside a mini-lunchbox. The lunchbox will be available for purchase though as well. The only thing you really can't get is the blister insert that holds Kermit in there and the sticker on the lunchbox. It is similar to a SC5 figure we gave away last year, the difference being that she was a real paint variant unavailable anywhere else. In this case, it is the same Kermit you can buy at any store, just packaged differently. That was done in an effort to not cheese off anyone who felt hosed by the giveaway.

As for the Teeth, if there is enough consumer demand for it we would consider offering it for sale on our website, but the demand would have to be high enough to justify that second run. It is possible also that we don't sell out at the show, and we didn't on the piece we did last year, so there may be extras we would offer on the site even without the e-mail list being big enough. But of course, Dr. Teeth is a much more recognizable thing than a camo-painted Soldier Zombie.

My suggestion to people that want to express an interest in the item and can't go to the show is this. Contact our customer service goddess, Lauren LaFayette, at LLafayette@palisadestoys.com, asking to be added to the list of names in support of purchasing the variant Philly show Dr. Teeth. She will keep your name and info on file in the event that we do decide to make the piece more widely available.

That's about the best I can do on that one.

Ken

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

Do you guys plan to do anything special for the Wizard World Chicago show? That would be so much closer for me. I really want to go to Philly but alas the costs outweigh the measures:frown: