Ask Ken at Palisades

Squigiman

Reaction score
LABYRINTH FIGURES

Hey Ken,
I know that they're no longer directly attached to Henson, but why exactly would it be so difficult to get the rights to Bowie and Connelly. I know they're both big, Bowie with his music, though he has been laying sorta low, lately (look at all of those "l"s), and Connelly with her Oscar win and Hulk starring role, but I imagine Henson might still have connections with them, and I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to allow it.
Also, I disagree to those saying Dark Crystal would be more popular than a Labyrinth line. I feel like Labyrinth has more of a wide 80's/nostalgia appeal, not just to Muppet/Henson fans. Plus, as far as the characters, while the core 5 are a must, the Fireys stick out in their scene, and each of them is unique. Not just one could be made and bought 5 or 6 times. Plus their were several types of goblins, as can be seen in The Goblin Companion, Brian Froud's book of illustrations. Sorry to pressure the argument, but I'm just a really huge Labyrinth fan, as an extention of being a Muppet/Henson fan. I have the movie on VHS, DVD, the soundtrack on CD, a poster, and even the 3-issue comic series (thanks, eBay). A figure series would be a dream come true. I believe, also, having seen their work with the core Muppets, thus far, that Palisades would be the people to pull it off, with both detail and articulation. Thanks for hearing me out. Oh, also, the EM stage looks great. Can't to see it painted with (hopefully more wild-haired) Animal, as well as the rest of the group. See ya, take care.

-Squigiman

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

The set looks fantastic! You guys have done a great job walking the line between accuracy and creativity. Argh, I wish I could go out and get 'em now! I have been emailing links of these pics to everybody I know.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
That's a really interesting statement to me. "Walking the line between accuracy and creativity." I have felt of late that it is exactly what we are doing, because it is a delicate balancing act to do something that is at one time representative of the flavor of the show and at the same time create something that has mass appeal and a slightly higher level of sophistication than was achievable back then on their shoestring budget and the time constraints that plague a television show.

It is nice when somebody really notices or observes the true nature of the difficult responsibility and process of how we try to live up to the responsibility.

Anyway, thanks dude. I appreciate the sentiments. Now I can't wait to show the Swedish Kitchen, which takes it even one step further than the EM playset in that it has a sense of functionality when the show sets really were not "kitchens" in the real sense of what makes a kitchen a kitchen. Just a lot of kitchen setpieces with little cohesion. The playset looks like you could really prepare a meal in it.

Ken

kane31666

Reaction score
ken

I can't wait to see the Kitchen now! I can't stand the excitement, i wish series 1 ship already!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

The kitchen? You have my attention again. I can see many posibilities. On the Muppet Show, the set was pretty simple, but that would be pretty boring to play with. It wasn't too stoked about a potential Swedish Chef playset in the beginning for this very reason. I'm glad you're putting more thought into it. And lobsters too! I'm sure it will be spectacular!:smile:

bw0000

Reaction score
Ken,

Has series one shipped yet? If not, when is the shipping date?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Orders have started to ship. In the next three weeks they all go. just at different times. I am guessing that some will have it on shelf at late June and others early July, depending on their distribution networks.

Ken

bw0000

Reaction score
When is the earliest we could possibly get our hands on series one?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
KB Kids.com will probably be the first retailer who has them available. It was a fairly small order but it did go first. Other than that, we might have a few cases as the Philly show, but I am not sure of that yet. Other than that I really don't know. You really should contact individual retailers to determine when their stuff will be on shelf.

Ken

bw0000

Reaction score
Ken,

2 days ago ebgames.com changed thier shipping date from 5/3 to 5/13. Will they continue moving it back until June, or did they place a very early order?