Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is jumping the gun a little. LOL! I'm not sure how many Fraggle variants I would buy. I'd probably just get the main set.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Hey,
Id buy them all, And im sure lots of little kids would want them too !

see ya

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Janice Figure

Will Janice be sculpted the play the guitar right or left handed?

bw0000

Reaction score
Ken,

Do you know if TRU.COM will carry the Tux exclusive? What will the stage playset be like? Will it have a curtain and everything?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

TRU.com lists that series one will be shiped June 5th and EB lists that they will be shipped the 15th of May. Do you know what date will they be in the stores? The exclusives to>

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock...

hiya,

here's what I see:
regular action figures of the Fraggles with smaller pvc Doozers.
larger Gorgs with PVC's of the Fraggles.

The PVC's "i'm" seein' are kind of like the Micro-machine Universe "Star Fleet" line, where the arms and legs are moveable.

Didn't think about a Doc and Sprocket deal, but there again, just for the size, some PVC's of the Fraggle 5 could come with that, too!

And the Trash Heap with her rat-thingys (Philo and Gunge?).

That's what I'm'a thinkin.

I am.

FOZ

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Hey Ken,
Someone mentioned an all encompassing Jim Henson line. I think that’s a great idea. Each wave could be mixed with a character from each major project. Maybe the line could be called “The Vision of Jim Henson”, like the exhibit. This way you could stick with the main characters, and not have to worry about too many pegwarmers.

Also just as an idea- (though I think it’s been mentioned before) this line would allow for a puppeteer w/ puppet figure. It would be each puppeteer in a “working” pose, with their head-band microphones, arm rods, and the puppets actually on their hands. Maybe each wave could have one of them Not sure what the legalities would be here, but it’s not impossible. I’ve met most of those guys and they’re really cool, I’m sure they’d be honored.

Here’s a sample breakdown:

Wave 1-
Jen (DC)
Hoggle (Labyrinth)
Gobo (Fraggle Rock)
White Lion (Jim Henson Hour)
Frank Oz w/ Miss Piggy

Wave 2-
Kira
Ludo
Wembley Fraggle
Witch w/ mouse(The Witches)
Richard Hunt w/ Scooter

Wave 3-
Mystic
Sir Didymus
Red Fraggle
Devil (Jim Henson Hour)
Jerry Nelson w/ Floyd

Wave 4-
Skeksis
Fiery
Boober Fraggle
Giant (Jim Henson Hour)
Dave Goelz w/ Gonzo

Wave 5-
Auhgra
Goblin
Mokey Fraggle
Porcupine (Jim Henson Hour)
Steve Whitmire w/ Rizzo

Wave 6-“Christmas Wave”
Emmett Otter w/ Washtub Bass
Emmett’s Ma
Rugby Tiger w/ Mew (Christmas Toy)
Meteora (Christmas Toy)
Kermit in Santa Outfit
Jim Henson w/ Kermit

Also, as far as getting the rights to Bowie and Jen Connelly, you might want to look into it. Henson may have the rights to use their images for Labyrinth merchandise. Look at Lucas. He has complete rights to use Harrison Ford etc. likenesses, and they don’t get a cent, and have no say whatsoever. If Henson doesn’t have the rights, they may not be all that expensive. Look at what McFarlane does with all his celebrity lines, and even you guys with your Reservoir Dogs figures. Not sure what you guys paid for those likenesses, but I think if figures from that movie will sell and are worth the extra investment, you’ll make at least double on a Henson Creature line.
Just a thought, what do you think?
-Artie

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
TRU.com lists that series one will be shiped June 5th and EB lists that they will be shipped the 15th of May. Do you know what date will they be in the stores? The exclusives to?

Store dates are very hard to determine. It is up to each retailer and how their distribution channels work and so forth. My suggestion is to contact an individual retailer for that info.

Do you know if TRU.COM will carry the Tux exclusive? What will the stage playset be like? Will it have a curtain and everything?

The TRU exclusive has not been ordered by TRU.com. Although they may have a plan to get them directly from TRU. Again, you really have to contact retailers for this kind of info.

What will the stage be like? As close to the real thing as we can possibly get. And a working curtain would be a must to me...

Will Janice be sculpted the play the guitar right or left handed?

Left Handed.

Ken

matleo

Reaction score
Ken

Let's hear it for left-handed Janice!!!!! Woo-hooo

Just saw the EM stage pics that Phil posted. I have to say you've done it again, you won me over. Of the two decisions in the line you've made that I've been most skeptical about (Harry and the playset) you've won me over. Actually I'm a little concerned about how John Q Public will react to the Harry figure (as I know you are too) but I sitll love the sculpt and paint on him so I'm won over where it counts.
As for the Em stage, when you first announced it I was like "eh, I could probably do without". When you announced only Animal would fit 'in' it I thought, "not a lot of fun there" as you've gotten from my posts and questions...what you neglected to mention wa that Animal doesn't fit in it, he fits on it and the gang goes around it. I love it!!! and now I'm just having fun with italics! No serioously it's very sculptural and in that sense I can appreciate it. really nice job!!! And since this IS Ask ken at Palisades, what are the dimensions for it? Again, nice job, man!

--Matt

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Dimensions are in flux actually. I am going to have to raise the back so I am not sure what that will do. Overall these playsets differ but they generally come in at about an inch to two inches bigger in depth, width and height than the average Simpson playset.

Ken

PS...Glad you were won over. Of all the sets, this is the one I figured to take the most "heat" on. Well, that and the Kitchen.