Ask Ken at Palisades

FER SURE

Reaction score
WoW-- So After nearly a month I have my monitor back and can finally use my own computer again! I am so excited!
I have stayed up to date with all the changes but I didn't really post.

after all this time only 2 real ?'s

1. How in the heck is Ken and Co. going to get Rowlf and that piano onto a Blister card

2. Is IS Fozzies hat magnetic or not? I would guess it is as in the packaging pics it is not glued to his head.

It is great to be back

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gringo
When do the Collector's club kits ship out? If you know, how do they ship out?
Mike posted this morning that the kits will begin shipping in the next couple weeks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Somebody loan me some money so I can get into the collector's club!!

This living along junk is 'spensive, Lucy!!

wong

Reaction score
hi ken,

do you know what paint colour and brand they used to paint EB Piggy. If so could you tell me? Seem they forgot to paint the shoulders on mine

thanks

Luke

Reaction score
Y'see - the factories getting into this 'painting by numbers' thing already !!! :big_grin:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Forgot to paint the shoulders? You need to show me a picture of that! I need to see if you mean the shoulders, which are supposed to be painted, or the discs, which are not supposed to be painted.

As for the question above, not sure how to fit Rowlf on that card just yet, but it will be a challenge. As for IS Foz, yes his hat will be magnetic.

Squigiman

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

Hey,
I can't believe it, I can actually post!!!!! I really can't seem to figure out why I am not allowed, sometimes, but I did just shut down and restart my computer totally, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Anyways, I wish I could have last night, as I had a bunch of stuff to say, but I'll give it my best shot. Here goes...

First of all, I finally got my Lab playset, and it is awesome. The detail on the Beaker figure alone makes it worth the price. Speaking of which, it said $24.99 on the box, but I got it for only a little over $21.00, so that was an extra nice touch. By the way, this was at a Toys R Us in White Plains, NY. Anyways, the whole thing looks really great, and finally Bunsen is no longer alone. The mouth for Beaker is also perfect, as it allows for that creative playability in the softness of the plastic, making it a nice compromise between the original jointed mouth and a solid one. Nice touch, Ken. The whole thing is so nice, and with the Gorilla Detector, Robot Rabbit, experiment table, and book, it really looks like a full to the brim playset, and if, as Ken's said, they only get better, I really can't wait. Absolutely fantastic, and I really can't wait to see the Chef's kitchen, as well as the full figure after being pleasantly surprised by Ken's new avatar. You just never stop with the surprises, do you, Mr. Lilly?

Secondly, I picked up a DVD copy of TMTM, while I was out, just to let people know. Of all of the movies, it's the one I haven't seen in the longest, and I thought that getting both this and the playset really worked well, together, making me verry happy, at least where it comes to Muppetness. It's sorta sad, as I was talking to my girlfriend about, but I get sorta upset thinking about how I need material things to make me happy when I'm down. It got us thinking about Buddhism and stuff, and how it's got some really good points. It really makes sense that if you depend on material things for happiness, you'll never be truly happy. Just thought I'd share some interesting thoughts. Still, I guess it's just that collector mentality that me and many others like me, out there, have, keeping us wanting more. Anyways, if it weren't for that mentality, at least one member of this forum would be out of a job, eh?

Next up, I checked out the September ToyFare at a bookstore. Though it had Wolverine on the cover, I thought maybe it was a variant of our long-awaited one. Though I was mistaken, I did see a brief glimpse on the last page of that issue. At first I was a little taken-back, thinking that maybe now Animal was a little TOO wild. However, I came back to the pic a little later, with an open mind, and realized that it looked pretty good, and what made me think that was that it was the first time I was seeing the toys with the eyes wide open. Anyways, I'm sure pictures can't even do it justice, so I'll just have to wait and see the actual figure, though it's in a playset in a series that is not expected to come out for a few months, so I guess pictures will just have to do for now, even though they aren't even really available either. Jeez Ken, look what you put us poor fanboys through!!!!! Just teasing, at least I know that I am very appreciative of this line, and can't wait to see all that's left to come.

Um, sorry that I write so much, but I guess I just speak my mind and let the words flow. That, and I have everything built up from not posting regularly, like the rest of you guys and gals. I think I'm almost done. Well, I guess now I need to justify putting this in the "Ask Ken" thread, so here goes...

Ken, I know you work very hard on the line, and seem to be the main man, and our link to the world of the making of the Muppet action figures, and I know you've told us little things here and there, but what really does your job entail? I know others sculpt and paint and stuff, but on the boxes you're usually there as "Product Development". What exactly does this mean, besides talking to geeks and flying to China? I'm not trying at all to downplay your job at all, if that's what you might think, but rather I'm just curious about the ins-and-outs. Also, a side question, do you paint at all? Just wondering. I guess that's about it for now. Thanks a lot, everybody. See ya! Take care.

-Squigiman

wong

Reaction score
piggy's shoulders

thanks ken,

so the discs aren't suppose to be painted, ok then. But I would still like to know the paint colors b/c her shoulders the part that is suppose to be painted :big_grin: is a bit bluish and her arm has a small blue speck but that one is just being picky

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
squigman-

Ken designed the very Lab set you are praising along with many other things.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Oh

Oh yeah, thanks, Jamie. Sorry I forgot to mention that, Ken. Still, though, what does designing it mean, exactly, drawing up a design, more, what??? Thanks, again. Bye.

-Squigiman