Ask Ken at Palisades

yunluck

Reaction score
For the list you mail, is this a regular mail or email. I ask sinse I give to you the address of my US friend bcause I am overseas and think you cannot send to the foreign place.

I also thank you for your careness

tomahawk

Reaction score
collectors club

ken,i hope you know that is some of the best news after getting home from work that a muppet fan can get.thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i do have a question for you,ken or anyone else that knows.how many conventions are left this year after san diego?thanks for your time.

Joe

Reaction score
strange question :smile:

I finally got my Bunsen to open(#3) today (getting Tux kermit tomorrow :smile: ) and my sister picked up the Muppet Labs book. she asked me "Why did O go first?" (referring to the X and O game - which she's unbeatable at) which, after triple-checking it is the only possibility unless X went first and O was someone who didn't know what thye were doing (Beaker Perhaps?)

I'm just passing the question on :smile:

(see told ya it was strange :stick_out_tongue: )

(game setup)
OOX
XXX
OOE
(E = empty space)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

I stopped by Sam Goody today to pick up a MOC Bunsen and thought I'd report what was being said by the lady who checked me out. Apparently the line is moderately successful at the tucked-away store (in the mall basement level 2). But the figures are insanely popular with the staff. There were 5 Piggys but only one Kermit and one Dr. Teeth with more figures to come in later in the week. I am still bewildered that Piggy is more of the peg warmer of the bunch, but I guess it shows that there is much room for the secondary characters - especially one as beautifully crafted as Bunsen.

Oh - I have a weird off the wall question too. If a vehicle comes with a character down the line in 03, 04 or so - will it count as a playset or a pack in? I know an EM bus is rather big, but a taxi cab is considerably smaller. Told you it was kind of off the wall.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Pschtyckque I second that. Ken, you and the staff at Palisades are doing a great job with this offer. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Glad someone said this....the staff at Palisades...because it really is not The Ken Lilly Show. Yeah I am the most vocal here, but so many folks are involved in this process, and they all busted A on this line, and continue to do so. I appreciate your support, they do too, and I can't wait for you to see Series 2, which to me is superior to Series 1 in just about every way conceivable. The line is really hitting it's stride now. Some of you have seen the Kitchen prototype or EM up close and some other nuggets of goodness, and you know what I mean...and it is only gonna get more fun from here.

yunluck For the list you mail, is this a regular mail or email. I ask sinse I give to you the address of my US friend bcause I am overseas and think you cannot send to the foreign place.
I also thank you for your careness

The introductory letter/sign-up kit I am sending today or tomorrow is all digital. What I am trying to work out now is how to send it. PDF, JPEG, stuff like that. One problem is if I attach more than one file, which I want to do because I want to give a visual taste of the "Sneek Peek" perc which is early looks at new stuff, starting with Rowlf and his piano. AOL users know that AOL compresses anything larger than one file into MIME files which you need Stuffit Deluxe or something to unstuff. Other ISP's and e-mail programs handle things differently, and unfortunately there is no time to re-work the website to do some of the things we want to do. SO you can see the types of things I am trying to work out here.

tomahawk
i do have a question for you,ken or anyone else that knows.how many conventions are left this year after san diego?thanks for your time.

San Diego and Muppet Fest are the only conventions left that I think we plan on attending. We want to do something really special for Muppet Fest, but the problem is I can't find out exactly when it is going to be so it is REALLY hard to plan for that.

Joe I finally got my Bunsen to open(#3) today (getting Tux kermit tomorrow ) and my sister picked up the Muppet Labs book. she asked me "Why did O go first?" (referring to the X and O game - which she's unbeatable at) which, after triple-checking it is the only possibility unless X went first and O was someone who didn't know what thye were doing (Beaker Perhaps?)

I can't tell you how glad I am that someone finally got that joke. It is configured in exactly the way you suggest...with someone who doesn't know what they are doing playing.

frogboy4
I am still bewildered that Piggy is more of the peg warmer of the bunch, but I guess it shows that there is much room for the secondary characters - especially one as beautifully crafted as Bunsen.

Yeah...it bugs me that Piggy is a pegwarmer. BUT, what are you gonna do? There is always one in every line. I make a game out of it now. Going into production I try to figure out which one it will be. My prediction on Series 2? Gonzo. He will probably be the PW.

Oh - I have a weird off the wall question too. If a vehicle comes with a character down the line in 03, 04 or so - will it count as a playset or a pack in? I know an EM bus is rather big, but a taxi cab is considerably smaller. Told you it was kind of off the wall.

To me, in order to do a vehicle well, there is only one vehicle that can be used as the comparison...the Mach 5 from the Speed Racer line. A vehicle would have to be that well produced to be considered "real" to me...and to do that, you need a playset budget and not a pack-in budget. So the answer? Playset on a vehicle in every case, even a motorcycle.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken

Gonzo, a peg warmer? Could be but he's rather popular these days so I don't know. Fozzie could actually be one then. Maybe Harry will be, but he seems like he'd be sought after. Floyd maybe...I think it could be him if I had to pick one. It's just that this series seems so strong. But I would have expected Bunsen to be the warmer so what do I know. I also never thought Clinton would be elected or even W for that matter so I must be pretty dense about such things. LOL!

So if a Biker Piggy or something of that sort was made (as a set) would there be a backdrop too?

matleo

Reaction score
No, I go with Ken on this, if there is one that's goign to be a PW it'll be gonz. I don't know if PW is the right term to use. I think it's safer to say that he'll sell less. I think a lot of people here know that another Gonzo is planned for next year and people buying all of the 'characters' and not all of the figures will hold out. Also, I read somewhere a long time ago that there was a poll in England or something that showed Gonzo as beng one of the least popular characters. But that was a long time ago so things might have changed. Floyd has a cult following and people will buy him to complete the band. Harry I think has a pretty odd cult following. Fozzie? fozzie's populrity has waned over the years but part of that is cause we don't see him as much anymore. I think when he hits shelves, Joe Average will have the same reaction to him that he had to Bunsen and Dr. teeth. We'll just have to wait and see.

--Matt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Um, hey!

Squigiman, just sent you an e-mail.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
First off, Ken & frogboy- personally, I think Piggy is a pegwarmer because she is annoying. Don't get me wrong, as a fan of the Muppets I accept her and all, and she DOES have her moments, but she has never been a favorite of mine, and I suspect the very casual fan/observer thinks the same.

We want to do something really special for Muppet Fest, but the problem is I can't find out exactly when it is going to be so it is REALLY hard to plan for that.
Ken- like I suggested before, if you packed Animal, Beaker & the Swedish Chef together as the Leprechaun Brothers, it would knock everyone's socks off. Otherwise, you could do a big guy like Thog also.

Speaking of MuppetFest- you're obviously planning for it- have they informed you WHEN and WHERE it will be this year?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Personally, I think most buyers of these figures DON'T know there's another Gonzo in the works for later on, and they assume this will be THE Gonzo for the lineup, so they'll be buying him--also, if you consider he's been one of the most visible Muppets for the last decade or so, I really don't think Gonzo will be the PW for that wave.

Of course, looking at my avatar, I'm gonna think Gonzo will just fly off the shelves, helmet or no helmet (even though I think the purple suited Gonzo would have sold much better), and I predict the unfortunate PW in the bunch will be Fozzie, who just doesn't have as much of a following these days, even among the fans.

Floyd and Harry will be short-packed enough that they'll get snatched up fairly quickly.

Just my thoughts.

I love this line.

And I love EVERYONE at Palisades, not just Ken.

EVERYONE. Except that one guy. You know who I mean. Perv.

Have they already had the ToyFare drawing? What's up with that--it was supposed to be May 31st wasn't it? All of that crazy computer and/or administrative stuff must have screwed stuff up.

Can I say "screwed?"

I don't think so.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn