Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Yeah, Arthur was a big part of my childhood. I would say the first 9 seasons hold up very well. Seasons 10-15 is where you start to see signs of decline and than Season 16 is when it completely went off the rails. I'm still interested enough to check out the new season, and it's just 3 episodes long anyways.

datman24

Reaction score
Arthur had its peak in the late '90s and early '00s, then the show itself just became a product of the time it was made (mainly for its Doug-like influence), and was largely forgotten by many... until the memes happened.

Any Del

Reaction score
Seasons 1 - 10 for me.
Seasons 11 - 15 started losing interest but still watched it.
Seasons 16 - present don't care anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For me. . . .

Seasons 1-4: Gold standard, definitely when the show was in its prime.
Season 5: Despite some of the original key creative people still involved, Arthur's voice drop was disorienting.
Season 6: My PBS skipped this season altogether for the longest time, but once I did finally see it (via On Demand in 2004), it was incredibly weak.
Seasons 7-8: Definitely an improvement over the previous couple of seasons with a number of memorable episodes.
Seasons 9-15: Weak, unbelievable stories and miscast voice actors, never bothered.
Seasons 16- 18 1/2: I mean yeah, the Flash animation was definitely off-putting at first, and the Compsons were very polarizing, but I wouldn't say these were either bad or good . . . plus, the return of one of the original writers from Seasons 1-4 definitely brought back a sense of that classic ARTHUR feel.
Seasons 18 1/2 - Present: Just grew weaker and weaker, and like Any said, don't care anymore.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
One thing I feel like I should say, if the series ever does come to an end I just hope they find some other way to keep these characters going

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think there were talks of doing other occasional specials like they've been doing recently, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The only silver lining about Arthur's decline is that the weaker seasons are much shorter than the classic ones. Seasons 20-24 combined has less episodes than the first season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny thing is, the first three seasons are the only "long" seasons the show had . . . I know Season 1 had 30 episodes, I think both Seasons 2 and 3 had 15, then from Season 4 onward they were 10 for the longest time.