Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well, sadly, they're both at an age now where really decent roles and parts are no longer going to be coming their way on a regular basis, so they pretty much have to take what they can get . . . either that, or maybe become something of a meme like Jeff Goldblum is right now.
Or doing cameos in very weird projects like how Lloyd reprise his role of Doc Brown in One Million Ways To Die In The West.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
CYBERCHASE has been on for like twenty years or so . . . how can it only be its twelfth season? Did it go through a hiatus or something? Are Christopher Lloyd or Gilbert Gottfried even still part of the cast?
I remember watching the 8th season which is now a decade-old. I thought that was the final season but then they came back three years later in 2013 for a 9th and they've been churning out more seasons ever since then.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have one question when Arthur ends,
WAS BANANA BINKY’S IDEA?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I totally forgot about Cyberchase until last year, when I saw that they were making a new season.

I knew that they were on hiatus for a long time though.

DatH

Reaction score
Kinda surprised people liked "The Rhythm and Roots of Arthur"
My main issue is Buster is already extremely used to Arthur's family. He even met the distant relatives several times, even in Postcards from Buster. And again, if he simply told Arthur how he actually felt, the issues would have been resolved
>Also not knowing what a llama or Coral snake is
There's a literal S2 episode revolving around the snake XD
It overall felt filler, and felt like it was for the wrong characters. Also didn't care for the rap

mr3urious

Reaction score
After watching old episodes a few at a time each day from the beginning, and after a long period of lurking on this forum, I've decided to give some of my thoughts and observations looking back on them.

In "Arthur Goes to Camp", one thing I remember from the book that was left out of the show is Francine calling Arthur four-eyes after missing the target in the archery contest ("Hey four-eyes! Need new glasses?"). Makes sense from a character development perspective ever since he called her out on it in "Locked in the Library", even though continuity was all over the place in those early episodes.

I really do think the writers dropped the ball on not exploring Arthur's relatives more ever since they were prominently featured in "Arthur's Cousin Catastrophe". Cousin Mo in particular, maybe even proto-hipster Uncle Sean. If the writers were to focus on characters other than Arthur, why not them instead of friends of friends of siblings?

And how 'bout that disgusting concoction known as "Chef's Surprise" from "Arthur's Family Vacation"? David and Jane should have known better than to have ordered a dish with "surprise" in the name just as they should have known better than to surprise their kids with giant red bugs later on. I like to think it tasted much better than it looked, which was the real surprise. :smile:

And as much of a nasty character as D.W. can be, she can have a pretty sharp wit and great comedic timing, which can be seen in "Arthur's New Puppy".
Jane: (after seeing the mess Pal made last night) You'll need this. (gives Arthur a small shovel)
D.W.: No, you'll need this! (shows him a giant pooper scooper)

And who else used Kid Works 2 when they were in school as some of those schoolkids did in at least one of those "A Word From Us Kids" segments? The distinctive sound the pencil made was a dead giveaway!

Last edited by a moderator:

wiley207

Reaction score
And who else used Kid Works 2 when they were in school as some of those schoolkids did in at least one of those "A Word From Us Kids" segments? The distinctive sound the pencil made was a dead giveaway!
I have! I liked it so much my parents even bought a copy of it for me to use at home. A shame in that segment (it was the one for "Arthur the Wrecker") they did not demonstrate the amusing text-to-speech feature included in Kid Works 2. So in a Zak Wolf fursuit vlog demonstrating my PowerMac G4 I typed out one of the letters one of the kids wrote to Arthur on that program and had the text-to-speech feature read it... (go to 2:20)

Also as a kid I typed up a goofy adaptation of "Arthur's First Sleepover" in Kid Works 2 combining elements from the 1994 book and the first-season TV version. Hearing the text-to-speech utility making out the sound effects is pretty funny!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I noticed that PBS has been airing a lot of the older seasons instead of the recent ones.

Today is going to be Season 3 and Season 1, while tomorrow is going to be 1, 3, and 9.

DatH

Reaction score
Pretty Typical. PBS Kids's rerun schedule is nutty
It's also annoyingly why producers don't need to care to do a full 24 ep season, and instead opt for 10 or less. And a season lasts a year for PBS instead of half a year

mr3urious

Reaction score
In "D.W. Gets Lost", the one thing I missed watching as a kid are the All-In-One Mart PA announcements. For one, they sell books without vowels for half price. Fridge brilliance is that they'd actually be cheaper than regular books overall because they'd require less ink, leading to fewer pages to print the letters on. Bsds, y dn't nd ll ths psky vwls t rd nywy! :smile: