Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

DatH

Reaction score
That said, PBS Kids as a whole has been slogging, so if the ratings are poor, it's understandable why

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I mean Cyberchase as well bizarrely is. I blame ratings keeping the corpse running
Wow Cyberchase is still on? I had no idea. I was not a fan of it as a kid. I did love Arthur as a kid.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CYBERCHASE has been on for like twenty years or so . . . how can it only be its twelfth season? Did it go through a hiatus or something? Are Christopher Lloyd or Gilbert Gottfried even still part of the cast?

Any Del

Reaction score
CYBERCHASE has been on for like twenty years or so . . . how can it only be its twelfth season? Did it go through a hiatus or something? Are Christopher Lloyd or Gilbert Gottfried even still part of the cast?
Yes, it has went through a hiatus TWICE and yes Christopher and Gilbert are still there.

DatH

Reaction score
Hacker notoriously became soft after S6. Lloyd isn't that into the role much now
And Digit lost his snark after S5. Gottfried's voice also is beyond strained now
I really feel bad for both of them. They haven't had a good role in media since forever
I also feel bad for the other regular VAs in the show. They're horribly overshadowed by Lloyd/Gottfried

DatH

Reaction score
Cyberchase S7 only did 7 episodes, then S8-10 only 5 episodes. Note a season lasts a year, and it only takes a week to make an episode. And then the 2 hiatuses (2010-2013, 2015-2017)
Also the show stopped being about Math after S9, nowadays hyper pushed eco friendly promotion plots. It's like what's the point!?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Hacker notoriously became soft after S6. Lloyd isn't that into the role much now
And Digit lost his snark after S5. Gottfried's voice also is beyond strained now
I really feel bad for both of them. They haven't had a good role in media since forever
I also feel bad for the other regular VAs in the show. They're horribly overshadowed by Lloyd/Gottfried
I’m quite curious at this point if both actors are just doing it for a paycheck. Besides I heard Gilbert Gottfried is one of the hardest comedians to hire due to some controversy surrounding him.

DatH

Reaction score
I’m quite curious at this point if both actors are just doing it for a paycheck. Besides I heard Gilbert Gottfried is one of the hardest comedians to hire due to some controversy surrounding him.
Oh that controversy is funny. He's said far more offensive jokes over the years, was the first to make a 9/11 joke, yet the Japan Tsunami joke is what gets him fired from Aflac. Still iffy, but meh
As for Lloyd, kinda. His house burned down in the early 2000s. Doing any work is a life support for him at this point
...Pity no one wants to give him a GOOD role now. His peak will sadly still be Back to The Future

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, sadly, they're both at an age now where really decent roles and parts are no longer going to be coming their way on a regular basis, so they pretty much have to take what they can get . . . either that, or maybe become something of a meme like Jeff Goldblum is right now.