Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

wiley207

Reaction score
I just watched the episode, and it was actually pretty fun! There were a couple of really funny imagine spots, and the animation kept getting less Flash-like at times (Oasis Animation just keeps on improving, it seems.) Peter Hirsch even wrote the episode!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So you know how I mentioned a couple of months ago that Bruce Dinsmore mentioned in an interview, there would be a special guest star that everyone would know?

Well, it turns out that the actress in question was Jane Lynch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxYsGPmivC4/

Last edited:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I enjoyed this how when I was a little kid and hope it lasts for a while. I have seen some of the new episodes and they aren't that bad so I think the show is still doing pretty good

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So you know how I mentioned a couple of months ago that Bruce Dinsmore mentioned in an interview, there would be a special guest star that everyone would know?

Well, it turns out that the actress in question was Jane Lynch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxYsGPmivC4/
Jane Lynch is still a thing?

But anyway, in regards to Ratburn's marriage, again, one thing I can say about ARTHUR is I've really never seen any other property/franchise pander to its base as much as they do, and they really do. Maria speaking after all these seasons of being a silent background extra? Bud finally taking off his hat? Implications that Francine and Muffy may be more than just friends? And now Ratburn marrying a man? All of these were done to in response to the base (the most bizarre of which is being Bud's hat, since that was in response to one insane fan who had an ungodly obsession with seeing Bud take off his hat).

Still, I am just bracing myself for a deja vu of the PFB backlash in 2005 now that we're living in Trump's America, where suddenly the LGBT community is an evil cult ****-bent on brainwashing our innocent children all over again. :rolleyes:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Jane Lynch is still a thing?

But anyway, in regards to Ratburn's marriage, again, one thing I can say about ARTHUR is I've really never seen any other property/franchise pander to its base as much as they do, and they really do. Maria speaking after all these seasons of being a silent background extra? Bud finally taking off his hat? Implications that Francine and Muffy may be more than just friends? And now Ratburn marrying a man? All of these were done to in response to the base (the most bizarre of which is being Bud's hat, since that was in response to one insane fan who had an ungodly obsession with seeing Bud take off his hat).

Still, I am just bracing myself for a deja vu of the PFB backlash in 2005 now that we're living in Trump's America, where suddenly the LGBT community is an evil cult ****-bent on brainwashing our innocent children all over again. :rolleyes:
Yes.

datman24

Reaction score
But think of the loss of revenue from all those clickbait conspiracy theory YouTube channels that no longer make videos theorizing whether or not Mr. Ratburn is gay, now that it has been officially confirmed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They can always concentrate on other characters . . . I mean, quite honestly, the Arthur fandom is one of those fandoms where the general consensus is that almost all of the characters are gay. Seriously: they think Arthur and Buster will be gay for each other, Francine and Muffy will be lesbian for each other, Prunella and Marina will be lesbian for each other, Binky is just completely gay . . . so yeah, they may have lost a subject in Ratburn, but they still have the rest of the population of Elwood City to dissect.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just can’t wait to see the change.org petitions saying to make Mr. Ratburn straight.

datman24

Reaction score
They can always concentrate on other characters . . . I mean, quite honestly, the Arthur fandom is one of those fandoms where the general consensus is that almost all of the characters are gay. Seriously: they think Arthur and Buster will be gay for each other, Francine and Muffy will be lesbian for each other, Prunella and Marina will be lesbian for each other, Binky is just completely gay . . . so yeah, they may have lost a subject in Ratburn, but they still have the rest of the population of Elwood City to dissect.
I hope you knew I was joking by that remark.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah. What I see is another massive boycott of PBS like what happened in 2005: the religious and morality groups will spread propaganda about PBS brainwashing children into the "evil, dangerous cult that is homosexuality," and that parents must stop watching and supporting PBS at all costs.

Seriously, this is why we stopped doing pledge drives: our pledges took a serious nose-dive back when that happened.