Are new members unable to join?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i didnt even realize this was a problem and i've been lurking on this thread and...

i dont get why this was allowed to get backed up so badly in the first place. can we just like...remove the approval process? i get that its to combat spam but wouldnt a better solution to be a mod has to approve new member posts provided that ed can approve them? say up to 10 before they are allowed to post normally? I'm on another xenforo board that does this for new member accounts

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Like I get Phillip has a life and doesn't owe us anything but how does it take nearly a year to approve some new members for a Muppet forum.

i dont get why this was allowed to get backed up so badly in the first place. can we just like...remove the approval process? i get that its to combat spam but wouldnt a better solution to be a mod has to approve new member posts provided that ed can approve them? say up to 10 before they are allowed to post normally? I'm on another xenforo board that does this for new member accounts
Or just have Ed be allowed to approve new members as well.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i see only one new member has been approved...a week ago

im not entirely sure what goes on behind the scenes but i cant imagine it's much more than clicking a button to approve someone. if its a script thats being ran it's clearly not working :search:

like...what gives?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
@Phillip Can you explain to us what the member approval process is, how it works and why it takes 9+ months for people to be approved? The last approval before kermit was jackpot on July 12. Can you understand why we are all perplexed and curious about this?

gravy

Reaction score
New accounts are going through the final approval process. New members will be notified when approved. It will take a few days for this to complete for everyone. We'll post another update when this is done.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.
With the constant unfulfilled promises we've been given, I find this hard to believe.

A recent message from a new Discord member:
"Hey all. Thanks for accepting me to this Muppet community! I found on Muppet Central a thread about new members being unable to join, and just wanted to add my two cents (I'm assuming here is appropriate, since it is labeled "general"). I created an account back in December and as of today - April! - it's still waiting for approval. Until finding a link for this Discord server today I have been unable to interact with the community, and while I'm sure there's no one here who has any power regarding the member acceptance process, I just wanted to confirm that this is in fact an ongoing problem and a very frustrating one at that... I contacted the administrator directly a while back about the issue and have never received any feedback. It's difficult to maintain an interest in joining a community for something you love when it seems like an exclusive club unwilling to open its doors to anyone new... anyway, thanks for letting me spill my thoughts. Best to all of you and thanks for listening. "

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As of now, only three people have been approved, and no offense to people with numbers in their usernames, but the last two to be approved almost look like spam accounts because of their usernames.

It's a week into April. What happened to getting the issue resolved by the end of March?

This forum is a mess. It's the only forum I've been on where a mod can't actually do anything mod related, and no one can register. It almost makes me wonder if it's a matter of laziness. No new members means no need to bother moderating the forum properly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd think it'd be that easy. But that's why I keep checking throughout the day, not just to see what's been newly posted or see who's online from my pool of forum friends/acquaintances, but to see if there are any issues that need resolving. Which includes the occasional flame war that has to be tended to as promptly as possible.

Not sure what can be done though. :sigh:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I know for the last 2 years or so I’ve definitely reduced my time on the forum and officially left a month or so ago but quarantine is boring so I’ve returned for a while but here’s my 2 cents anyway

This server is lifeless. Why? Because there is no new life coming in to the server. There’s no flow of new members, new opinions and new topics to be discussed and debates to be had. Everything is tired on this server. It’s the same threads and conversations happening from the same people and the most popular threats aren’t even about muppets... ON A MUPPET FOURM!
And quite frankly the Discord do things far better than here imo in terms of how it’s run and their involvement and interaction with their members