Are Bert, Ernie, and Snuffleupagus still on Sesame Street?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hi, I've just talk to my best friend about this new ridiculous Sesame Street where the characters turn into robots, and he told me that Bert, Ernie, and SNuffy is no longer on Sesame Street. Is that true? Are they still on Sesame Street recently?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Bert and Ernie were just in a new episode a few weeks ago. Snuffy doesn't appear to have been used this season, presumably as a COVID-related thing.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Bert and Ernie were just in a new episode a few weeks ago. Snuffy doesn't appear to have been used this season, presumably as a COVID-related thing.
Okay. Thanks. Snuffy will be missed.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks. Snuffy will be missed.
Wait a minute. Snuffy's not still around. Noooooo! He was just in the alphabet scavenger hunt episode, but that was last season. Say it isn't so. Tell me Snuffy is not going back to his old "Imaginary friend" days. :frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just because he doesn't appear anymore doesn't mean he's "imaginary". I'm sure he'll be back once the pandemic is over and it's okay for two people to be inside a large suit. Lately there has been a lot of animated Sesame Street content, maybe he'll appear in animated form someday.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Snuffy being imaginary was retired 36 years ago. I doubt it would happen again.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Snuffy being imaginary was retired 36 years ago. I doubt it would happen again.
They can create an episode where Big Bird falls into a vortex and realizes the last 36 years was all a dream, and Snuffy never got discovered by anyone :frown:

salemfan

Reaction score
They can create an episode where Big Bird falls into a vortex and realizes the last 36 years was all a dream, and Snuffy never got discovered by anyone :frown:
I hope they wouldn't do that. I didn't like the running gag of adults not believing Big Bird about Snuffy. Since I have read about why the running gag ended (they were worried this was teaching kids "Don't tell your parents if something unusual happened, they won't believe you"), I would want today's little kids to be willing to tell their parents if something unusual happened.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I hope so. Snuffy's probably still on, but I'm not sure about Ernie and Bert. Perhaps the whole "negative stereotypes of gay people" accusations about them have gotten strong enough that Sesame Workshop has caved in and removed them. Besides, Ernie's puppeteer, Steve Whitmire, hasn't done Ernie since 2017 (even though it was Disney, and not Sesame, that fired him), so that may have something to do with it.