Anyone visit Sesame Street?

ISNorden

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
This is totally awsome! The Fix it Shop is coming Back!!! Who would have ever thought they would actually go back to the Fix it Shop when the reason it was discontinued in the first place was because they thought it was out dated. Also I like the storyline about Big Bird wishing the adults were kids. It sounds like the type of storyline they would have done years ago back in the 80's. It looks like the street will be improving. Now with the classic clips they will be airing along with all this. I have a really good feeling our prayers have been answered, and the street we once knew and loved is now back.
If I'd had the right connections to visit the studio with Pat, I would have loved to hear about the Fix-It Shop reappearing, straight from the producer's mouths. I do wonder what Maria and Luis will be fixing now, though; toasters have been so overused in Fix-It Shop material that I used to wonder why the place didn't have a sign "Toasters Are Our Specialty". (Heck, I remember only one episode in which Maria had another realistic repair job: she was working on an alarm clock when Sonny Friendly interrupted her with a game show on the spot.)

P.S. Maybe by Season 38-40, the producers will make Elmo's World into a spinoff show; if we're very lucky, they'll use the other fifteen minutes for more street action and classic clips. *crosses all her fingers and toes*

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I got to visit the set twice: once back in 1993 through a personal connection (I'd rather not divulge details here sorry) and once back in 1999 when I was interning for the Jim Henson Company. Great times both and it was a dream come true. Yes, you definitely have to know someone to get in. They're not a open set and matter of fact even with my connections back in 1993 the original day I was scheduled to visit had to be rescheduled because Johnny Cash was going to be taping that day and it was a closed set even to friends of friends on the staff. But it was nice to see how the set evolved from the time I was there in 1993 to 1999. In 1993 it was the season they went "around the corner" where they expanded the set with the Furry Arms Hotel, etc. However I'm not allowed to post pics here as I was asked by my friend to not reproduce them so sorry guys for the tease but I'm glad to share the stories.

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I once visited the set. My dad has a friend (who will remain namless for privacy reasons) who wrote some songs for Sesame Street and she got my family in to see a taping. It was really cool. I had my picture taken in Oscar's trash can.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
wow, that is a great story. I can't imagine having that opportunity. It looks like Caroll went out of his way with spending time with you, lunch, and posing for all those pictures! WOW! congratulations.

(Keep those pics backed up and in a fireproof safe, bank, etc. You will need those to show your grandkids 60 years from now!)