Anyone remember these shows?

Kiki

Reaction score
Heehee, oh, I didn't know, sorry. Still funny, though. :wink: :smile:

lael

Reaction score
I'm somewhat joking on that. It's just that the "cross- colors" fad was very hot back then. It almost seemed like you could get away with wearing your pajamas though.:confused: :cool: :smile:
~ I totaly remember going to school in Cross Colors & LA gear! Why you ask? Because, "The Daddy Mac will make you, JUMP! JUMP! Kris Kross will make you, JUMP! JUMP!" that's why.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Are u kidding? That was a time where you could actually get away with wearing your pajamas in the public! At least I did at one time...:embarrassed:
LOL! I never wore my p.j.s in public, but a few of my classmates would come to school as if they were ready for bed!

And of course, the 90s was the grunge look, thanks to bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Although we East Coasters never really got into that trend, fashion-wise, anyway. Loved the music, though!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
~ I totaly remember going to school in Cross Colors & LA gear! Why you ask? Because, "The Daddy Mac will make you, JUMP! JUMP! Kris Kross will make you, JUMP! JUMP!" that's why.
Kriss Kross! Man, I haven't thought about 'em in years!:excited:

lael

Reaction score
HA HA HA! Cross Colors made me think of them and the very young TLC, because they "Ain't To Proud To Beg!"

:eek: AHHH! One song is spawning another & I'm going into a flashback of the early 90's! AHHH! :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see another new season of Arthur premieres today... but for some reason, everyone has this season listed as "Season 11", when it should only be "Season 9" (some sources broke up the first two seasons into four seasons because the were exceptionally long for one season).

I certainly hope the kid who does Arthur's voice these days has grown into his voice by now, or at least got yet another new kid, it's so hard to tell whether it's him or D.W. speaking with your eyes closed.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that part of season tow was season three when it originally aired. But it came on after a period of no new episodes so it was confusing. But that's for the heads up!:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have a new DW... her voice is pretty scratchy.

The perils of working with actual child voice actors is that they always have to be replaced when they change too deeply. I wonder how many Arthurs they've gone through now....

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I still love those shows! I watch some clips and all kinds of stuff on YT. I alsoe have some of them recorded on VHS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They have a new DW... her voice is pretty scratchy.
She's going through the exact same thing Arthur went through, now HER voice is too high too; and what's with the new Sue Ellen? I thought she was one of the few kids who was played by an adult?
Drtooth said:
The perils of working with actual child voice actors is that they always have to be replaced when they change too deeply. I wonder how many Arthurs they've gone through now....
Four I think, but it seems like more than that...

1. Michael Yarmush was the first Arthur for the first three seasons (five if you go by other sources), but his last season his voice got deeper before they recasted him, so he made Arthur sound like he was going through puberty.
2. For season four (six according to other sources) they got Justin Bradley, who also did voices for The Little Lulu Show. I don't know what his Arthur sounded like because by the time that season aired on my PBS station, the third kid re-dubbed all of those episodes.
3. Mark Rendall was the current Arthur and his was pretty close to Michael's Arthur before he grew into his voice, just a LITTLE higher than the original, but still pretty close.
4. The guy who makes Arthur sound like D.W. is Cameron Ansell; not very good in my opinion, but I think once HE grows into his voice too, he might make Arthur sound like Arthur again.

I think they went through more D.W.'s than anyone else, but each D.W. sounded pretty much the same except for this one.

Brain's voice kept changing too, I think he had like five kids do his voice, three of which sounded the same, one who made Brain sound like he's in Grade 6, and one who made Brain sound like Baby Gonzo without the scratchiness.