Animal Knockoff on Ebay

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The thing is, if people love to build Muppets and do their favourite character's voices that's all well and good (provided that it's not for profit), but if you're really serious about being a puppeteer or builder for the Muppets - or anyone else - you should try to be as talented as possible. I'm sure they want original creative people.

I was speaking to a puppeteer awhile ago who met Jim Henson at a few conventions years ago and he said he was surprised by the fact that Jim ignored anything that looked like the Muppets but was fascinated by different and original types of puppetry. I think he was more interested in pushing the artform forward than he was in seeing people copy him.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
BTW, my post wasn't really directed at you personally, just in general. You're absolutely right though.

BorkBork

Reaction score
It's really great work. It's pure talent!!! :big_grin: I'd buy it...

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Iron-Fan said:
There you go, rubber chicken key rings a plenty.....if it only cost a buck fifty to make all women happy :wink:]

You mean I gotta PAY for it?!

*laughing*

Just kidding.... cool, thanks! I'm off to get my OWN rubber chicken, so Nah!:stick_out_tongue:

Keeermit

Reaction score
I've decided to re-list my old puppets on Ebay. I've decided the fact that i'm not passing them off as originals and the fact that there is plenty of other "homemade" muppet stuff on ebay i'm not doing anything wrong. I'm only selling them to give another muppet fan the chance to play with a muppet puppet and i dont think there is anything wrong with that. I'm about to start making my own design puppets and selling them on Ebay and on my own website... also going to make a few Kermits and give them to a few people who have written to me asking for a kermit because they do hospital work for children etc. Everyone loves the muppets! Steve, dave and Caroll have all seen pics of my puppets and they liked them so i hope you all like them too. :rolleyes: ok

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
lol, I don't know why you pulled them to begin with. It's just an oppinion of some people that it's not "right". But your an adult..... you do what you want. I still think it's nice work and don't think any less of you. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BorkBork said:
It's really great work. It's pure talent!!! :big_grin: I'd buy it...
Looks like you get the chance. Nothing beats that Beaker and Sam, though.