Animal Knockoff on Ebay

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That guy has been trying to sell those for a while now! I say those because he is selling Pepe, Kermit and also sold a Gonzo one which was by far the best. I think he was only selling to Australia before.

Theres been plenty of discussion about those puppets on our forum here in Australia and we can't seem to contact him.

Beebers

Reaction score
Can he do that? I mean, legally?? (I'll go read up on the threads that cover copyrighting etc.) Wow, that doesn't seem right somehow.

:frown:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I've thought about that too! He has been listing these for a while on ebay Australia though. I know a professional elmo puppet was taken off once similar to these. Infact he also had an elmo puppet up for auction too.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Yeah, it is illegal, I'm sure that Ebay will probably see it and have it pulled. I thought I'd post it so everyone can take a looksie real quick before it disappears. :smile:

I've never seen his other ones..... I'll have to check his feedback and see if a sale with photos slipped thru. :excited:

He probably doens't talk to anyone because he knows what he's doing is illegal. It isn't a bad duplication.

Oh wait! I think I did see the elmo one before! I don't remember how well done it was though.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
posting on forums like this draw even more attention to the items and can lead him into trouble alot quicker! lol

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, I'll read up on all the stuff available here on zee forum about copyrighting - it's a complex world, and I don't even know if possibly U.S. laws, which are pretty fussy, differ from other countries in that maybe you can market such things elsewhere without a problem, but still, it seems, and feels, very unethical to me at best.

:frown:

Beebers

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
He probably doens't talk to anyone because he knows what he's doing is illegal.
Right, must be. He probably jumps every time the phone rings or someone knocks on his door.

:big_grin:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Well, it's not like it makes a difference whether or not someone points it out here... he is making the decison to building a duplicate of someone elses character and then posting it on a very high profile selling site like Ebay. If he was worried about getting caught the he would be hiding in a little corner somewhere selling them locally. As it is.... thousands of muppet fans visit Ebay regularly looking for that perfect muppet collection and this guy knows it, thats why he started his bid at $250. Thats why he is also hiding behind a yahoo e-mail address.

It is pretty unethical, but one can still admire the work. :wink:

Beebers

Reaction score
I have a hard time admiring any work in any field that is direct and complete imitation. He should be turning his craftmanship talents to original works. I can't admire anything about it. Unethical artists are the bad apples that spoil the bunch. But that's just me; we can agree to disagree lol.

:cool: