"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
God, why is that they should at least let the Muppets be a independent company then or maybe it could be owned by Universal,man this bites.
NBC/Universal has MORE problems then Disney does right now! and so does WB i hear and Paramount/Viacom too! and NO I'M NOT just sayin that becouse i love Diz so much... i'm just sayin what i read/heard!

:zany:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know, I'm not worried about the show at this point. I'll be happy if the Muppet's ever work again at all. But it's still messed up that they went back on there promise.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Disney has Killed off The Muppets... They Are Just to Scared to tell us

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I believe they wouldn't have a problem telling up it that is the case.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
No way. Don't matter who owns them or what they do or don't do with them. The muppets will never die. Jim Henson created a legacy that will live on for long after he is gone.

MWoO

Reaction score
If nothing of substance gets done with the characters, the muppets will have died. So far they have been dead for at least a year. Things seemed good back when MWoO came out on TV. They had a lot of exposure leading up to it, and then nothing. All the other projects that were planned got canceled. Apprently it's because Eisner got the boot and he was the one who wanted these projects and was willing to put the money into them. Now what do we have? More delays for a season 2 box set? A poorly done web show? It use to be good, but now it's just the same jokes over and over again. Fact is disney is not doing anything with the muppets that I know of out side of crappy merchindise.

And that is what you can expect from disney unless they change their tune. Crappy stuff you can buy. Right now the biggest news in the muppet world is the MR Kermit. Now that is very nice and I am SO glad we have it, but it should not be the only news since MWoO over 2 years ago.

Problem is even when we do get news we get told the latest production hs been canned. Happened before Disney too. We were told a new show is coming....and nothing. We were told of new movies...and nothing. Now the sale and we are told of big big things...and nothing. They STILL haven't even finished the web site content.

If Disney really cared about the muppets at all they would at least do more web oriented stuff. For very little money they could be doing a web based muppet show that culd at least work up some new excitment for the characters. I bet my LIFe that if Jim Henson were alive today he would be taking full advantage of the internet.

Robin

Reaction score
MWoO said:
If nothing of substance gets done with the characters, the muppets will have died. So far they have been dead for at least a year. Things seemed good back when MWoO came out on TV. They had a lot of exposure leading up to it, and then nothing. All the other projects that were planned got canceled. Apprently it's because Eisner got the boot and he was the one who wanted these projects and was willing to put the money into them. Now what do we have? More delays for a season 2 box set? A poorly done web show? It use to be good, but now it's just the same jokes over and over again. Fact is disney is not doing anything with the muppets that I know of out side of crappy merchindise.

And that is what you can expect from disney unless they change their tune. Crappy stuff you can buy. Right now the biggest news in the muppet world is the MR Kermit. Now that is very nice and I am SO glad we have it, but it should not be the only news since MWoO over 2 years ago.

Problem is even when we do get news we get told the latest production hs been canned. Happened before Disney too. We were told a new show is coming....and nothing. We were told of new movies...and nothing. Now the sale and we are told of big big things...and nothing. They STILL haven't even finished the web site content.

If Disney really cared about the muppets at all they would at least do more web oriented stuff. For very little money they could be doing a web based muppet show that culd at least work up some new excitment for the characters. I bet my LIFe that if Jim Henson were alive today he would be taking full advantage of the internet.
Please check out my thread "Old School Henson Fans" In the "Henson people Forum!" Disney's disinterest and lack of enthusiasm is destroying the Muppets... AND IT MAKES ME SICK!!!! And it is a slap in the face... We got nothing for Kermits 50th Anniversary!!!! What load of junk that was!!!! What a sin!!! (at least a best of TV show) Nothing!!! Does any one else feel like Jim Henson is being disgrased!! What is going on here!!!!!??? This is sad and unexceptable!!! Unless it really is over for the Muppets? This is not what Jim wanted!!! The fans of the Muppets need to petition Disney... Act or let Corprate "we think we know best" Disney put the final nail in the Muppets coffin!!!

Teheheman

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, other than DVD releases of the old shows, I think that Disney has basically put that nail in already. It's probably been in since the ratings from Muppets Wizard of Oz came back. Now, I don't know how bad the ratings were, but I'm pretty sure that if Disney doesn't put the Muppets on ABC, then I'm pretty sure that ABC'll still be in 4th place for a LONG time.

Daniel

treborgahkor

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but I think the reason for the fall of Muppets on T.V. is because of the Muppets Wizard of Oz. I am a parent of young children and I was really upset at the implications made in the show and I was also upset to see the racial stereotyping and "untyping" that was used. Because of that, I refused to let my kids see it and my wife and I screened it and said that there was no way that this was for kids in any way shape or form!!