American Archive of Public Broadcasting to preserve nearly 4,500 Sesame Street episodes

ssetta

Reaction score
The problem was that I couldn’t get through to the right person. When the person answered the phone I asked for the Media Library, and then they asked what was going on. Then I told them about the donation of Sesame Street episodes and she didn’t seem to know anything. She put me on hold for a bit and then transferred me, but I couldn’t get anyone. Though it seems like with the Library of Congress you actually CAN just go in whenever you want. Is that correct?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Though it seems like with the Library of Congress you actually CAN just go in whenever you want. Is that correct?
You'll have to contact them yourself like you just did with WGBH, or ask somebody who's visited the Library of Congress before...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You'll have to contact them yourself like you just did with WGBH, or ask somebody who's visited the Library of Congress before...
Or wait until it’s actually confirmed and available for making appointments?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or I supposed we should all just have a pint.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Though it seems like with the Library of Congress you actually CAN just go in whenever you want. Is that correct?
You need to give them a heads up, I believe. But there's no "appointment" aspect to it.

datman24

Reaction score
It's cool that these episodes are being digitized are being digitized and made available (in just two places), but I have no real desire to travel the distance of where I am for the sole purpose to watch these episodes, unless there is something that I am truly desperate to see. However, thanks to this recent announcement, I have been going on the American Archive of Public Broadcasting site like crazy lately, mainly for its availability of the more 1,600 episodes of the NJ Nightly News from the late '70s and early '80s, which has a ton of rare and valuable local footage of nearby places from that period that no longer exist, and I am grateful for that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I’m just curious.

Are there any episodes in particular when the time comes you would like to see for the sake of watching an individual segment/the story itself?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So I’m just curious.

Are there any episodes in particular when the time comes you would like to see for the sake of watching an individual segment/the story itself?
Too many to list. The introduction episodes for Olivia, Buffy, and Gina, for starters. The 16th and 21st season premieres, just because those are the only ones that haven't surfaced yet, the original version of Sing (sung by Bob and Miguel). So, so many.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since Episode 2821/3026 has surfaced in recent years, I would very much be interested in seeing 2822/3027.

2821/3026 and 3976 have a number of similarities, but clearly 2822/3027 has very little in similarities to 3977-3980, but still, it would be interesting to see the follow-up to the early 90s hurricane.