American Archive of Public Broadcasting to preserve nearly 4,500 Sesame Street episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So there's a part of the website where you can view some content (hopefully some of the Sesame Street episodes will eventually be included). It's great that photos can be allowed, though it looks like it's only by taking a picture of the screen as opposed to making still images. If photos are only allowed for research purposes, then hopefully contributing to Muppet Wiki is enough of a research purpose.

When it comes to episodes that don't have pictures from every scene, I wonder if the wiki should have some kind of verification tag to note that somebody on the wiki had watched it there and that all of the info from the scripts is in fact correct. Unlike with the Paley Center for Media, I don't think the wiki needs to note every episode that can be viewed (since it looks like it'll be every episode produced by now - and even if it's not, it'd be a much shorter list to note episodes that can not be viewed), and unlike the Paley Center which has a small enough collection of Sesame Street episodes that can't be viewed elsewhere that it's more realistic to check them all, it would take a long time for the fans to go through every episode that can't be viewed elsewhere.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So there's a part of the website where you can view some content (hopefully some of the Sesame Street episodes will eventually be included). It's great that photos can be allowed, though it looks like it's only by taking a picture of the screen as opposed to making still images. If photos are only allowed for research purposes, then hopefully contributing to Muppet Wiki is enough of a research purpose.

When it comes to episodes that don't have pictures from every scene, I wonder if the wiki should have some kind of verification tag to note that somebody on the wiki had watched it there and that all of the info from the scripts is in fact correct. Unlike with the Paley Center for Media, I don't think the wiki needs to note every episode that can be viewed (since it looks like it'll be every episode produced by now - and even if it's not, it'd be a much shorter list to note episodes that can not be viewed), and unlike the Paley Center which has a small enough collection of Sesame Street episodes that can't be viewed elsewhere that it's more realistic to check them all, it would take a long time for the fans to go through every episode that can't be viewed elsewhere.
Do you happen to have a link to where I can view some of the content?

PumpkinJ

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think they have any SS content made available yet.
I never said they did. MikealaMuppet asked if I happened to have a link to view some content. I wasn't asked specifically about Sesame Street content, which I don't expect to come to the website (assuming some eventually will) until after episodes are available there (has it been six weeks since the "six weeks" announcement yet?). Just provided a link showing where video content can be found.

Whatever they do decide to put online, it would be fitting to have at least one episode for each season (and if the people in charge of deciding what goes online is listening, may I request a season six episode other than 666? That's the only season where fans have video access to only one episode).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I’m just curious.

Are there any episodes in particular when the time comes you would like to see for the sake of watching an individual segment/the story itself?
Here's another one to add to my list: whichever episode it was that Caroll has mentioned in a number of interviews, in which Big Bird concludes Snuffy is real, despite the grown-ups telling him otherwise, because Snuffy's tears are real; Caroll often mentions that he and Jerry were both in tears while taping that.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I never said they did. MikealaMuppet asked if I happened to have a link to view some content. I wasn't asked specifically about Sesame Street content, which I don't expect to come to the website (assuming some eventually will) until after episodes are available there (has it been six weeks since the "six weeks" announcement yet?). Just provided a link showing where video content can be found.

Whatever they do decide to put online, it would be fitting to have at least one episode for each season (and if the people in charge of deciding what goes online is listening, may I request a season six episode other than 666? That's the only season where fans have video access to only one episode).
Sorry. I was just confused.