[Adult Swim]

Erine81981

Reaction score
This coming Sunday, they will be doing a brand new episode that is a Walking Dead parody special. It looks hilarious and I've barely seen Walking Dead. They even put Snoopy in there lol. In addition to TWD, they've confirmed some of the other things they're going to parody this season (including Homestar Runner, Funko Pops, Peppa Pig, Star Wars:The Force Awakens, Westworld, Mad Max, Jabberjaw, Doc McStuffins, and Slenderman)
Can't wait to see this one and thanks again for another heads up

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this one and thanks again for another heads up
Although I consider the changes to be for the better, Robot Chicken has changed a bit in recent seasons. I'm not sure what generation of cartoons you grew up on, but they've actually been all about the 90s lately. Last season I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't see any of their signature things (with the exception of Transformers) get parodied. Yup, you heard correctly. No Smurfs, no He-Man, no G.I. Joe, mostly nothing but millennial references. Which because I'm an early 00s kid, I found to be slightly more relatable than constant He-Man jokes:
It seems as though I'm the biggest Robot Chicken fanboy on this forum, so if you have any questions about the show (no matter how obscure), I will more than likely be able to answer them. Because of how I listen to the audio commentary on the DVDs and watch interviews, I know a great deal of obscure stuff about the show as well. Btw, they are playing two season 8 episodes (from 2015 and 2016 respectively) tonight. Just letting you know.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well for me I grew up on 80's and 90's cartoons plus A WHOLE LOT of Hanna Barbera shows from the 60's, 70's 80's, 90's and early 2000's. So I get a lot of references from Robot Chicken. Plus I've been watching the show from the very beginning but I love every bit of the show from the humping robot to the Unicorn who loves boys to touch his unihorn if that's what you call it.

So if you have any questions on certain animated characters you don't recognize then come to me and I'll explain them to you. Cause I'm a big Animations Fan of classic 1930's through the 1950's.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm bored out of my mind right now, so I think I'm going to review a few [adult swim] shows I've seen in the past. I will not reviewing ones you already know opinions on like Robot Chicken and Family Guy.

1. Moral Orel - I'm a Christian so at first, I was hesitant to watch this show for obvious reasons. But nonetheless I went into with an opened mind and honestly, it was actually really good. The thing I quickly noticed is that they aren't actually making fun of God or Jesus on the show. But rather joking about super strict Christian people. It's really nothing more offensive than Ned Flanders when you think about it. I saw a few of the early episodes of this show and they were quite funny. A lot of the humor revolved around Orel (who is voiced by the same woman who plays Sandy from SpongeBob so bonus points there) getting himself into ridiculous but also funny situations. The only problem I had with the show is that it seemed to be a bit formulaic. Every episode I watched had the same ending of Orel going to his father's "study room" to teach him some twisted lesson. The show is supposed to be satirizing Davey and Goliath which I've never seen so maybe the show's formulaic nature is paying homage to that, I don't know but I bet if it tried to go on for a long time like The Simpsons it would've gotten kind of annoying for that reason. But all in all, I thought it was a very clever show that provided me with more laughs than I ever expected it to.

2. Rick and Morty - I'm not a huge fan of this show like many people who shop at Hot Topic and Spencer's these days are, which is evident through the fact that Pickle Rick seems to have recently replaced GIR as Hot Topic's most popular character. But I do think quite a bit of the show is funny. I haven't seen near all the episodes, but the ones I've watched were very enjoyable from beginning to end. It's my kind of sense of humor in a nutshell and I'm definitely making plans to binge the series soon.

3. Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Only one word can describe this show:Weird. I only saw like two episodes before calling it quits for this one. It's just WAY too surreal and bizarre even by my standards. Much of the humor doesn't appeal to me on this show. It's not that I don't "get" the jokes, it's that I don't really think they are that funny. I'll admit that some of it made me chuckle just because of how insanely weird it was but that's about all I got out of this show. I don't hate it by any means but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it either. If I had a friend who really liked the show, I wouldn't mind watching with him them. But for me personally, I tend to just skip over this one.

4. Drawn Together - I know it isn't on [adult swim], but the humor is close enough to [adult swim]'s signature style to count. I have an extremely unpopular opinion on this show:I really like it. I didn't like Drawn Together at first because I only saw the movie, which apparently even the most hardcore fans of the series thought was garbage. I turned it off after the scene where they stomping on puppies and kitties for no reason and vowed to never watch it again. But as I began to hear more YouTubers say positive things about Drawn Together, I decided to give it another try and boy am I glad I did. It's not in my top 5 favorites or anything, but it's still a show I will gladly tune into every time I get the opportunity. The humor while offensive is also clever, well written, and very much aware of the shows it's referencing. My favorite character out of the group is Pokémon reject, Ling-Ling because Pikachu was always a favorite character of mine growing up that I owned craploads of merchandise of so I guess I find him the most relatable for that reason. None of the characters are likeable personality wise, but that's what makes them funny. You're not supposed to think they are good people because the fact that they are comedic sociopaths is where most of the show's humor stems from. The uniqueness and creativity of this show never ends and while I'm kind of bummed that I got cancelled after 3 seasons, maybe that was meant to be. I would've hated to see this show jump the shark, so maybe it's cancellation prevented that. So yeah, while critics hated it and it was never a popular show. I like Drawn Together and I don't care who knows.

5. Final Space - This show is amazing! Mooncake is one of the most clever fantasy creatures I've seen in a cartoon for a good long while. He's kind of like Kirby where he's small but also very powerful and strong, but he has a Pokémon-type thing about him as well because he only says the same alien-like phrase over and over again. Gary reminds me a little of Will Forte's character from The Last Man on Earth so in other words, I think he's hilarious. The show isn't just a comedy though, it's also a true sci-fi series in a way as well. While it doesn't take itself as seriously as something like Star Trek, it still has been shown time and time again to have dramatic and emotional moments. SPOILER ALERT! The one thing I didn't like was the unfortunate death of Avocado. For a cartoon cat named after a vegetable, he was a really good guy and he will be missed.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This coming Sunday, they will be doing a brand new episode that is a Walking Dead parody special. It looks hilarious and I've barely seen Walking Dead. They even put Snoopy in there lol. In addition to TWD, they've confirmed some of the other things they're going to parody this season (including Homestar Runner, Funko Pops, Peppa Pig, Star Wars:The Force Awakens, Westworld, Mad Max, Jabberjaw, Doc McStuffins, and Slenderman)
To be honest, I'm a bit nervous as to how Robot Chicken is going to do the Slenderman skit considering the character's link to various violent acts caused by minors. Robot Chicken is a dark show so I really hope they don't take advantage of that and attempt to make light of the time those 12-year-old girls tried to sacrifice their friend to the fictional monster by stabbing her to death. If they make fun of that, I'm probably not going to watch the show anymore. I'm sorry but I can't support anything that makes fun of the death of a real little girl. They probably won't go that far but if they do, well let's just say your not going to see me talk about Robot Chicken as often. But hopefully they won't do that because it seems like the one thing Robot Chicken shies away from is mocking real life tragedies. The only time they did something like that was Anne Frank which by now probably falls under the "tragedy plus time" rule of dark comedy. But aside from that, they've never done skits about any other tragedies. So I really hope they don't start going that low now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Good.

**** that show.

Maybe that means we'll see this again....

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I know this particular show is very old and obscure by now, but I just recently discovered this hilarious masterpiece of adult animation genius.

The use of extremely dated '90s CGI animation implies that it probably premiered not too long after ReBoot. But I still think it's very clever and funny with actual creative storylines as opposed to relying on nothing more than random crude gags and pop culture references for cheap laughs.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Ugh. Why did I used to like Robot Chicken so much? Now I just see the show for what it actually is. A compilation of stupid, gross, pointless, and oftentimes offensive garbage that makes no sense whatsoever.

Remember when I complained about that Homestar Runner parody they did. Looking back: Pretty much every thing Robot Chicken has ever done is that way! I feel almost stupid for not liking the Homestar Runner bit but considering the rest of the show amazing, how are any of the other episodes the least little bit different?

I don't even know how I was able to laugh at some of those things in good conscience. The series basically insults every single thing that I like/love. They show childhood characters that brought me so many good memories getting brutally murdered, they mock my religion constantly (one episode even went as far as to show Jesus getting whipped in the butt by a stripper and liking it), they take the celebrities/historical figures I respect and make them look like idiots, they portray country people such as myself as "just a stupid bunch of rednecks", and they love to make fun of people with Autism a disease that I've struggled with throughout my entire life. As a strong faithed Christian, I honestly feel kind of guilty for laughing at a skit titled Everybody Hates Christ. I don't have to get into detail about how awful that one was;I think the title alone speaks for itself.

There is absolutely nothing funny about any of Robot Chicken's skits to me anymore. The ones that I used to think were downright hilarious are now either straight up awful or just plain ridiculous looking back at them. I don't want them to get cancelled or anything like that. It's obvious that the writers and other staff members behind the show are passionate about what they do and I don't want to take that away from them. So you know, I'm not gonna be one of those rabid haters that petitions for Robot Chicken to get cancelled or anything. It's just simply not my cup of tea anymore. If you still like the show, I respect your opinion. I don't care if they continue to make Robot Chicken for as long as The Simpsons has been on, I'm just not going to watch it myself anymore.

That being said, I do still like Seth Green as a person/movie actor. He seems like a very nice guy and his role as Scottie Evil from Austin Powers will always be funny to me.

I really don't understand what I saw in that twisted cartoon and what caused me to be unbelievably obsessed with it. It's not like there's any clever jokes in the show that don't revolve around shock value in one way or another. Say what you want about Family Guy but even they can occasionally make jokes that aren't offensive or inappropriate in any way. Take this gem from season one for example:

PETER:Brian, there's a message in my alphabet cereal. It says "Oooooooo!"
BRIAN: Peter, those are just Cheerios!

Maybe if Robot Chicken had at least a handful of jokes that are as half as funny as the one I just quoted, I'd understand why I was such a huge fan of it at one point. In the future, I'll probably just look back at my Robot Chicken phase and see it as teenage rebellion. We all go through that "edgy" stage as a teenager in one way or another. Moving on from a strict kid's show only diet can often allow teenagers to enjoy some pretty shocking content. How many teens do you know who are obsessed with things like horror, heavy metal, gangsta rap music, first person shooter video games, Grand Theft Auto, and heavily sex-based comedies such as American Pie.

Right now, the only adult cartoons I enjoy watching are The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, occasionally Family Guy (seasons 1-5 and most recently 16-17 only), Futurama, and of course Happy Tree Friends. My Robot Chicken phase is now just a cringeworthy part of my past that will probably make me blush bright red out of embarrassment when I remember it as an adult reminiscing on the things I used to like.