[Adult Swim]

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Robot Chicken is a show that is just trying too hard to keep on going.

It needs to end.
Like I said, they can continue making the show for decades if they want. Just don't expect me to take part in it anymore.

Looking back though, unlike Family Guy, SpongeBob, and Fairly Oddparents. Robot Chicken was never good. It was always terrible as far as I'm concerned.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I forgot to put this in the previous post, but I also can't stand how Robot Chicken regularly uses animal abuse as a comedic device. I mean, yeah I'm a fan of Happy Tree Friends but those are anthropomorphic, Care Bear-style cartoon animals that obviously aren't realistic.

Robot Chicken on the other hand often shows adorable baby domesticated animals like puppies and kittens getting killed and tortured in rather brutal ways for shock value. Being someone who loves both my dogs and cats like family, I get really offended when I see them do that.

I can't remember if this was Robot Chicken or some other show but I'm pretty sure I saw a deleted scene depicting a cat getting her unborn kittens violently ripped out of her. That's sick! That is a scene straight out of a horror film right there. Maybe that was a reference to something and if so, it's not that big of a deal but if they just included that awful display for no reason shame on them!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
On the topic of good adult cartoons however, does anybody here know about a British puppet show simply titled Pets? If not, it's hilarious and I recommend checking it out.

It's the obscure little sitcom about cute, funny puppet animals living in a house together like F.R.I.E.N.D.S. or something like that. The jokes are clever most of the time and the sarcastic, quotable pet characters are near impossible to not get attached to. I'm not going to post any YouTube clips though because all the ones I found said the F-word uncensored more than once and I don't want to post that here lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don't mind seeing people getting killed in whatever ridiculous ways, but yeah, sad to see the animals die.

Really though, I usually watched the show just to see what pop culture media they'll make fun of. And that's what I'll do with modern day episodes. Just see individual segments if I like them.

The last time I ever really tuned in to watch a new episode was when they made fun of The Walking Dead (which I'm no longer a fan of).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Ugh. Why did I used to like Robot Chicken so much? Now I just see the show for what it actually is. A compilation of stupid, gross, pointless, and oftentimes offensive garbage that makes no sense whatsoever.

Remember when I complained about that Homestar Runner parody they did. Looking back: Pretty much every thing Robot Chicken has ever done is that way! I feel almost stupid for not liking the Homestar Runner bit but considering the rest of the show amazing, how are any of the other episodes the least little bit different?

I don't even know how I was able to laugh at some of those things in good conscience. The series basically insults every single thing that I like/love. They show childhood characters that brought me so many good memories getting brutally murdered, they mock my religion constantly (one episode even went as far as to show Jesus getting whipped in the butt by a stripper and liking it), they take the celebrities/historical figures I respect and make them look like idiots, they portray country people such as myself as "just a stupid bunch of rednecks", and they love to make fun of people with Autism a disease that I've struggled with throughout my entire life. As a strong faithed Christian, I honestly feel kind of guilty for laughing at a skit titled Everybody Hates Christ. I don't have to get into detail about how awful that one was;I think the title alone speaks for itself.

There is absolutely nothing funny about any of Robot Chicken's skits to me anymore. The ones that I used to think were downright hilarious are now either straight up awful or just plain ridiculous looking back at them. I don't want them to get cancelled or anything like that. It's obvious that the writers and other staff members behind the show are passionate about what they do and I don't want to take that away from them. So you know, I'm not gonna be one of those rabid haters that petitions for Robot Chicken to get cancelled or anything. It's just simply not my cup of tea anymore. If you still like the show, I respect your opinion. I don't care if they continue to make Robot Chicken for as long as The Simpsons has been on, I'm just not going to watch it myself anymore.

That being said, I do still like Seth Green as a person/movie actor. He seems like a very nice guy and his role as Scottie Evil from Austin Powers will always be funny to me.

I really don't understand what I saw in that twisted cartoon and what caused me to be unbelievably obsessed with it. It's not like there's any clever jokes in the show that don't revolve around shock value in one way or another. Say what you want about Family Guy but even they can occasionally make jokes that aren't offensive or inappropriate in any way. Take this gem from season one for example:

PETER:Brian, there's a message in my alphabet cereal. It says "Oooooooo!"
BRIAN: Peter, those are just Cheerios!

Maybe if Robot Chicken had at least a handful of jokes that are as half as funny as the one I just quoted, I'd understand why I was such a huge fan of it at one point. In the future, I'll probably just look back at my Robot Chicken phase and see it as teenage rebellion. We all go through that "edgy" stage as a teenager in one way or another. Moving on from a strict kid's show only diet can often allow teenagers to enjoy some pretty shocking content. How many teens do you know who are obsessed with things like horror, heavy metal, gangsta rap music, first person shooter video games, Grand Theft Auto, and heavily sex-based comedies such as American Pie.

Right now, the only adult cartoons I enjoy watching are The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, occasionally Family Guy (seasons 1-5 and most recently 16-17 only), Futurama, and of course Happy Tree Friends. My Robot Chicken phase is now just a cringeworthy part of my past that will probably make me blush bright red out of embarrassment when I remember it as an adult reminiscing on the things I used to like.
I can't be the only one here who makes themselves cringe with how obsessed with something they'd been in the past. I often look back at several of the things I liked and think,

"Chill out, past me. Why do you gotta be so ridiculously obsessed with *insert name of weird or cringeworthy thing here*

Robot Chicken is far from the only one. My obsession with the pink frog from Rio, the time period when I so concerned about offending people that I went full SJW with my videos and censored anything even PG-level edgy, the time when I thought Teen Titans Go was the best show ever, and the days when I thought I was cool for using outdated '90s and 2000s slang terms almost constantly (that was in 2014-2015 mind you, WAY after words like "pwned", "noob", and "chillax" had become dated but remained a part of my vocabulary regardless).

I guess having cringeworthy phases is just a part of life lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't mind seeing people getting killed in whatever ridiculous ways, but yeah, sad to see the animals die.

Really though, I usually watched the show just to see what pop culture media they'll make fun of. And that's what I'll do with modern day episodes. Just see individual segments if I like them.

The last time I ever really tuned in to watch a new episode was when they made fun of The Walking Dead (which I'm no longer a fan of).
The Walking Dead skit was okay. The Stranger Things one was also kind of cool as was The Pursuit of Happy Days bit with Fonzie playing the roll of Will Smith's character in Pursuit of Happiness. I also still like some of the very brief channel flips they did like the one of the Sleestaks from Land of the Lost in the library going,

"SHHHHH, SSHHHH, SSSSHHH!" as a reference to the sounds the actual Sleestaks would make. Probably the only reason I like those is because they are the very few times Robot Chicken actually attempted humor that was actually clever. But overall, I think most of the Robot Chicken jokes are either weird, gross, annoying, or too awkward to watch.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I forgot to put this in the previous post, but I also can't stand how Robot Chicken regularly uses animal abuse as a comedic device. I mean, yeah I'm a fan of Happy Tree Friends but those are anthropomorphic, Care Bear-style cartoon animals that obviously aren't realistic.

Robot Chicken on the other hand often shows adorable baby domesticated animals like puppies and kittens getting killed and tortured in rather brutal ways for shock value. Being someone who loves both my dogs and cats like family, I get really offended when I see them do that.

I can't remember if this was Robot Chicken or some other show but I'm pretty sure I saw a deleted scene depicting a cat getting her unborn kittens violently ripped out of her. That's sick! That is a scene straight out of a horror film right there. Maybe that was a reference to something and if so, it's not that big of a deal but if they just included that awful display for no reason shame on them!
Oh, I looked up whether the cat getting her unborn kittens ripped out of her thing was meant to be a reference or not and apparently they were making fun of the movie Felidae which from the little bit of information I saw about the movie already, is definitely something I'm going to avoid.

It sounds like a straight up tragedy involving cartoon cats. So, I don't think that one was too bad now that I know it was a parody.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
While I may not like Robot Chicken anymore, another certain someone apparently loves the show very much.

Recently, I brought my dog Buster into my room for the first time. Keep in mind that I hadn't used my TV in weeks and when I turned on the TV the first thing that was playing was one of my Robot Chicken recordings I had left on. Right as I was about to change the channel, I noticed Buster had lied down on the ground, staring attentively at the screen, with his tail wagging a mile a minute. Buster is a puppy so of course he's very rowdy and hard to control. New environments often excite rowdy puppies very much so it's safe to say that ever since I introduced him to my room, he was absolutely wild. Running around, sniffing everything, jumping up on my bed, even getting scolded for licking some of my stuff a couple of times. But this was the first time Buster was actually calm since I'd let him in this fascinating new place.

Just to see what Buster would do, I changed the channel and he literally cried in that typical puppy way where it's obvious that he's trying to guilt his owner into giving him something he wants. As much as I dislike Robot Chicken now, I didn't have the heart to change it. I kept it on and when the episode ended, Buster again seemed rather sad. So I popped in one of my DVDs of Robot Chicken to show him and he literally didn't move for almost an entire afternoon. Laying down, happily staring at the screen, doing nothing else but wagging his tail excitedly all the way through.

So you know what, Robot Chicken isn't the best show in terms of quality. But I just can't resist something as adorable as a puppy watching TV. Being the dog lover that I am, if something makes my little Buster happy. I can't say that I completely one percent dislike that thing.

While not a real picture of him, this is what Buster looked like during the entire time he watched Robot Chicken:

"Wow, this magic box is the coolest thing I've ever seen. How can little people and animals possibly live inside a screen like that. That's awesome!"

-What Buster was probably thinking.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have recently become hooked one of [adult swim]'s most amazing shows ever. It is so good that it would honestly be an insult to lump it in with all of the vulgar comedies they are known for. Don't even put this brilliant work of art in the same category!

There are some times in life when I just can't help but feel a little depressed for no reason. So when one night when I was feeling sad, I was flipping through the channels and saw something called Off the Air playing on [adult swim]. For those who aren't aware, the show is basically a beautiful version of Robot Chicken due to the fact that it's a bunch of different skits in a short 15-minute compilation. The show has so much eye poppingly wonderful imagery, music that helps cool my nerves down on a rough day, and is just an all around majestic, relaxing, calming, borderline mystical experience to watch.

There have been skits on the show that have literally given me goosebumps, sent shivers down my spine, and made my eyes water due to how weird but also simultaneously wonderous they are. It is unlike any other show that has every existed and every time I watch it, I feel as though my depression has just suddenly been washed away. It is in a sense, the video equivalent to anti-depressants.

The show isn't exactly funny like most of [adult swim]'s other stuff and hardly ever makes me laugh, but the unpredictable creative nature the series has to offer never fails to put a huge smile on my face, even during times when I can hardly get myself to smile.

The long list of mixed emotions I feel when I watch Off the Air is beyond words. Excitement, awe, deja vu, calmness, and just all around warmth. I have even felt feelings that I've never felt in my life before thanks to the show.

The only other thing I can think of that can possibly compare to Off the Air with all the many mixed emotions it makes me feel is this one song from the video game, Fate:

When I said that I don't really care for Robot Chicken anymore these days, it's mainly because this show has taken it's place as my favorite 15-minute animated variety series. It has provided me with so many memorable skits that didn't involve ruining my childhood, lewd references to genitalia, or even cursing in any way shape or form. I've even jokingly referred to it as "Robot Chicken's more mature, polite older cousin" lol.

Here is my personal favorite episode, Liquid. All I have to do is see three seconds of this true piece of art and my heart starts beating rapidly:
How on Earth has Robot Chicken won 2 Emmys but this brilliant show has never won one single award during it's long run? I think that this work of art is far more deserving of an Emmy than some ridiculous compilation of pure silliness being acted out by children's toys. Don't you?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I have recently become hooked one of [adult swim]'s most amazing shows ever. It is so good that it would honestly be an insult to lump it in with all of the vulgar comedies they are known for. Don't even put this brilliant work of art in the same category!

There are some times in life when I just can't help but feel a little depressed for no reason. So when one night when I was feeling sad, I was flipping through the channels and saw something called Off the Air playing on [adult swim]. For those who aren't aware, the show is basically a beautiful version of Robot Chicken due to the fact that it's a bunch of different skits in a short 15-minute compilation. The show has so much eye poppingly wonderful imagery, music that helps cool my nerves down on a rough day, and is just an all around majestic, relaxing, calming, borderline mystical experience to watch.

There have been skits on the show that have literally given me goosebumps, sent shivers down my spine, and made my eyes water due to how weird but also simultaneously wonderous they are. It is unlike any other show that has every existed and every time I watch it, I feel as though my depression has just suddenly been washed away. It is in a sense, the video equivalent to anti-depressants.

The show isn't exactly funny like most of [adult swim]'s other stuff and hardly ever makes me laugh, but the unpredictable creative nature the series has to offer never fails to put a huge smile on my face, even during times when I can hardly get myself to smile.

The long list of mixed emotions I feel when I watch Off the Air is beyond words. Excitement, awe, deja vu, calmness, and just all around warmth. I have even felt feelings that I've never felt in my life before thanks to the show.

The only other thing I can think of that can possibly compare to Off the Air with all the many mixed emotions it makes me feel is this one song from the video game, Fate:

When I said that I don't really care for Robot Chicken anymore these days, it's mainly because this show has taken it's place as my favorite 15-minute animated variety series. It has provided me with so many memorable skits that didn't involve ruining my childhood, lewd references to genitalia, or even cursing in any way shape or form. I've even jokingly referred to it as "Robot Chicken's more mature, polite older cousin" lol.

Here is my personal favorite episode, Liquid. All I have to do is see three seconds of this true piece of art and my heart starts beating rapidly:
How on Earth has Robot Chicken won 2 Emmys but this brilliant show has never won one single award during it's long run? I think that this work of art is far more deserving of an Emmy than some ridiculous compilation of pure silliness being acted out by children's toys. Don't you?
A while back, my brother showed me the "Space" episode of that show, and I was mesmerized by what I saw.

I agree that Off the Air is very underrated, especially when compared to [adult swim]'s other awful shows.

It also seems like a great show for @LittleJerry92 to watch when he's high. :stick_out_tongue: