Academy Awards

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was just talking about that with a friend. Yeah, his work is great, but a polite clap would have been just fine. Polanski certainly did not deserve a standing ovation. There are many other brilliant people that deserve that who didn't initiate such inappropriate behavior. Just goes to show you the bizarre morals of the Hollywood set.:sympathy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was busy performing at Oscar Night America and missed the whole thing. I did shut up and pay attention when Kermit and Piggy came on, though! I sneered when Mickey came up and I heard his voice talking. Who was the "real live" woman on stage with him who didn't get to say anything?

SuprGro78

Reaction score
That real woman was Jennifer Garner from Alias and daredevil. :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
I meant Daredevil. It's late in the day and I'm pooped out.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Presenters were told they couldn't, but they did anyway. Winners were told they could say anything they wanted, as they had earned that time.
At least most of 'em were tactful about it.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Page 4 of a thread about the Oscars and no one has mentioned the clothes yet? :eek:

I was impressed with Catherine Zeta Jones. She's not one of my favorite actors, but anyone who gets on stage, under all those lights, in heels, and belts out a song nine months pregnant gets my respect!

I also liked it when Kirk Douglas told Michael to ennunciate clearly-- ya gotta like people who can laugh at themselves and upstage their kids at the same time.