a weezer fan to a muppet fan

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
The only thing I have to say about Rivers is this:

He was featured in my yearbook as being an icon of American culture. Now, the yearbook comittee was a bunch of snobby rich kids. So, that is what I think Weezer has become: True fans are gone, but the snobs seem to dig it.

-Matt

gymkatarules

Reaction score
The vibe I'm getting is that true fans have left (like me), snobs either love it or hate it (depending on who they're trying to impress), and the general radio listening public dig it nicely.

-Chris

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, I remember when the Buddy Holly video came on computers with the default media player. I always liked that...and being the computer it was on was so *darn* slow, it was the only thing that would play properly on the media player. So I would watch it over and over again....I wonder if the Happy Days fans were as happy as Muppet fans were. :smile:

-Matt

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph

All of those guests lurking about should be joining to take the full advantage of the forum.
LOL you sound like the Muppet Central Forum advertiser! :wink:

Reaction score
The vibe I'm getting is that true fans have left (like me)
if you were a "true fan", you wouldn't have left in the first place. plus, id say about 75% of weezers existing fanbase has been there from the beginning, or as you put it, a "true fan".

also, are you hinting to me that i'm a snob?

it bothers me that you're stereotyping weezer fans like this.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I guess that last post was directed at me.

No, I don't think you're a snob. I'm not going to put you in any category. Those were just general observations.

Anyway, I used to really love Weezer. So did bunches and bunches of my friends. Then the new stuff came out, and everyone ran for the hills. It's really sad to see a once great musical group come out of hiding and deliver a whole bunch of garbage. Not a single worthwhile song. The distortion and on-stage smoke used to be fun and sarcastic. Now they're really serious about it.

A "true fan" doesn't have to like every single song an artist puts out. You're not even listening to the music if you think that any given artists writes *only* good songs (note: that's a generality, don't jump on me for that...you get my point). Out of the hundreds of songs Rivers has claimed to write, am I supposed to believe that they're all amazing? The same goes for albums. Even massive Rolling Stones fans admit that there's a few of their albums that they could do without.

Sorry to go on and on about this. Their music really isn't worth discussing this much.

Here, this will sum it up if you want (caution to casual browsers...the editorial has a bit of profanity): http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/02-07/23.shtml

That's all. I'm glad that you enjoy Weezer's music because it makes you happy, and that's what music is all about. Not everyone in the world is going to like the same music, and that's the best part of all. Sorry if you thought I called you a snob. I really didn't.

Okay, rock on!

-Chris

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I also didn't mean to offend you Linsay. In fact since we live so close, I think we should party!!! :smile: Let me know if your interested (hehehe)

-Matt

PS - I don't party. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
SinsterLinizter

Welcome to the board! Interesting perspectives on the video. I liked it, but my Muppet fan side thinks it could have been a little better. Good to see the Muppets and Weezer on MTV!