a weezer fan to a muppet fan

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Weezer is worthless. They've gone from legendary to the muck on the bottom of the music industry's shoes with little to no effort. It's really sad. Sorry to be so negative, but that's the way it is.

Incidentally, I'm from Florida as well. Lake Mary to be more precise than just Orlando. Going to Busch Gardens on Friday. Yes!

-Chris

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Although I agree with you on Weezer Chris, I won't get into my opinions. They seem to spark more controversy than the Clinton adminestration (hehe).

Enjoy Busch Gardens...me being a rollercoaster man, I loved Kumba...and if you get a chance, check out Kracken at Sea World! What an awesome coaster!!!:big_grin:

-Matt

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Helloooooooo, Lindsay!

I like Keep Fishin'. Especially the part where Rivers looks at Kermit and sings, "Oh, Kermit, I'm in love with you!"

Must be why they want Kermit on the cover of the single. Incidentally, what do you know about that, Lindsay?

Reaction score
wow! lots of people from florida. im from ft. lauderdale.

anyway, its actually "oh girl when im in love with you" not "oh kermit im in love with you" haha, that would be cute though. he wrote the song like a year or two before they even knew the video was going to have anything to do with muppets. shall i tell him to write a song about muppets?

i understand why you think that about weezer. most people do. its just, there can't ever be anything better than the blue album or pinkerton. they made such extroadinary albums in their younger years, that when you come back 5 years later and try to give it a shot to come back again, its never going to be the same as it was before. do you understand what im saying? i think they overcame the erm... "bad music gap" thats been going on for about 2 years or so now (even though i, personally liked most of the stuff within the last two years, especially the summer songs in 2000), and they're back on track. the album 5 demos are amazing! you can check them out at www.weezerempire.com. my favorites are private message (old old old version), she who is militant (old lyrics, hes gonna change them back... i hope), and lullaby. its understandable that you don't like weezers music, but don't hate them as people... they're some of the coolest people ive ever met! scott and rivers are awesome.

oh yeah... rollercoasters. hmm... im in love with the incredible hulk, been on it more times than i can count. i LOVE montu and kumba at busch gardens. all you guys should take a trip up to atlanta to go to six flags, that place rocks. supermans great, its a lying down rollercoaster. i went to six flags the day before i saw weezer... i had to go all the way up to atlanta cause they didn't make a stop down here :frown: oh well, next tour. but its DEFINITELY worth the trip up there, its like 10 times better than islands of adventure and busch gardens combined. islands of adventure still, somehow is my favorite park ;p

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I think it is pretty cool that you came here to check out the Muppet end of "your group". It has been interesting to hear a non-muppet-fan's take on the video and to hear your opinions in general. Maybe we will grow on you (not unlike a fungus), and you will decide to stick around...

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Whether it be outside fans here for the figures or weezer, its so good to get outside opinions!

As far as weezer, I remember their big splash onto the mtv scene in 94/95, as well as all over the radio. And I loved the rentals. But Keep Fishin was the first I had heard of em in nearly 8 years!

I do have an affection for nerdy emo indie rock ala weezer, aqua bats, pixies or 'pocket protector' stuff like devo, talking heads, s.p.o.c.k., and kraftwerk.

I never thought growing up being nerdy would be considered hip, cool, and chic^_^

Anyways, I hope to see mor epeople on the online Muppet community...just so strange there is barely 700 members on MC, while simpsons, etc have 20,000+ oh well, makes it that much more special.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cory,

Keep in mind this new forum has only been on-line since April. We had thousands of members at our Delphi forum. Some of them weren't "regulars", but it just takes some time to build up to that number. There are a lot of guests lurking around too that haven't yet signed up for membership. We've been getting around 35-40 new members a week as of late.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Cory,

Keep in mind this new forum has only been on-line since April. We had thousands of members at our Delphi forum. Some of them weren't "regulars", but it just takes some time to build up to that number. There are a lot of guests lurking around too that haven't yet signed up for membership. We've been getting around 35-40 new members a week as of late.

All of those guests lurking about should be joining to take the full advantage of the forum.

beaker

Reaction score
Phil:

>>>Keep in mind this new forum has only been on-line since April. We had thousands of members at our Delphi forum. Some of them weren't "regulars", but it just takes some time to build up to that number. There are a lot of guests lurking around too that haven't yet signed up for membership. We've been getting around 35-40 new members a week as of late<<<

Whoah, I didnt know there thousands on the old MC!
Thats cool MC has been getting about 40 new members a week...though I wish yahoo or another big site would feature MC like kermitage.com, as I would one of these days like to see thousands on here.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
The Hulk coaster is okay. Universal's not that great, in general. Nothing can beat Busch Garden's coasters for my money, man. Nothing. Although, the Kracken is pretty fantastic.

Oh, yeah...Weezer. I think the Blue Album is fantastic, but I can't even listen to it anymore. It's makes me sad, thinking about what they've become. They should have stayed the legends they were. He should have started a different band. That's all there is to it. Rivers = loser.

-Chris