A Muppets Family Christmas on DVD

Angie72

Reaction score
Hi all! I bought the DVD last year, and noticed that it was missing quite a few scenes from the original, which I had taped when I was younger. Did anyone else notice this? Or do you have any idea why , or where I could find the complete special? It's missing Rowlf playing the piano, the muppet babies singing, and quite a few other really great parts.

Thanks for your help!

zns

Reaction score
It's a shame that the VHS and DVD releases have been edited so many times. This is probably one of the best Muppet specials made because with the combination of all the main characters from The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock, it's living proof that Jim cared very much about bringing everyone in the company closer together as a family. They have to release this on DVD, completely unedited, as well as The Great Santa Clause Switch, which I believe is still owned by Ed Sullivan productions.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Angie, if you're looking for a complete version of the special, I recommend highly you contact either KermiClown, explain the situation and I'm sure he'd be able to help.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
So many fans would like to see an unedited version of this on DVD....they really just need to release one!

stick

Reaction score
i have the video and im watching it again this year.

David French

Reaction score
So many fans would like to see an unedited version of this on DVD....they really just need to release one!
If they couldn't resolve the music rights last time, what makes you think they'll be able to resolve it now?

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
Also the UK DVD is uncut - I love having a region free DVD player! I'm watching it right now!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they couldn't resolve the music rights last time, what makes you think they'll be able to resolve it now?
I don't think they ever will, but then again, Disney did come through with rights negotiations for the last 2 TMS releases. If they somehow can get the rights and release the special uncut it would be a miracle.