A loaf of bread...

evans

Reaction score
My family and my husbands family have been arguing over this for years...What finishes this out??? A loaf of bread, a stick of butter, and a __________ of milk...I appreciate any help anyone can offer. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, It was A loaf of Bread, a Container of Milk and a stick of butter.

Hope this helps.

Funny thing for a family to argue over.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's one I remember pretty well. I don't quite remember how it ended though. Did he forget what he needed to get at the store or something like that?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
DaffyFan2002, I think you got 'em confused.
The one evans brought up featured a little girl who was sent to the store by her mother.
The one you're probably thinking of is the one where a boy goes to the store but gets distracted along the way, and adds to his shopping list in his head. It's the one that ends when the cashier says "Here's your bread. But we're all out of dolls, baseballs, and fire trucks."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Nope. I was definately thinking of the one Evans brought up. I think where I made the mistake was that I thought it was a boy instead of a girl. Sorry about that. It has been years since I've seen the skit.

Lord_Morgoth

Reaction score
Yes, the little girl forgot, but ended up finding that repeating the "lyric" to herself helped her recall the grocery items. It ended with her triumphantly crowing "I remembered, I remembered!" This was a pretty funny animation; goes waaaay back

evans

Reaction score
I was thinking of the one with the little girl...I could of sworn that it was a loaf of bread, a quart of milk, and a stick of butter! I don't remember the one with the little boy...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by evans
I was thinking of the one with the little girl...I could of sworn that it was a loaf of bread, a quart of milk, and a stick of butter! I don't remember the one with the little boy...
Nope, it most definitely is a "container" of milk. My sister and I lovingly remember this one. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
That is one of my all time fav. cartoons on SS! Glad other MC members like it too. It ended with.

Behind your face,there is that place,it's called your brain & your mind.If you can leave this world behind,oh what wonderful things you find(hope I got the lyrics right). :sing:

Boy was given shopping list,runs into different places along the way,so he had to remember how to get back home(retrace his steps).

Convincing John

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
That is one of my all time fav. cartoons on SS! Glad other MC members like it too. It ended with.

Behind your face,there is that place,it's called your brain & your mind.If you can leave this world behind,oh what wonderful things you find(hope I got the lyrics right). :sing:

Boy was given shopping list,runs into different places along the way,so he had to remember how to get back home(retrace his steps).
Actually, that was a different clip.

A little boy with an afro rides his bicycle against a white background, accompanied by a sort of slow jazz riff. He first sees a bus made entirely from a psychadelic fish. He passes a female hippo on a pogo stick. He then stops at a strange grandfather's clock. Birds come out of it, fly around and go back in with a strange "kookada kookada kookada--DING!" sound effect.

Boy: "I think I'm lost."

He rides some more, passes a monkey and a dog bowing to each other as if they were going to dance. He stops at a building that would be right at home in a backdrop of "Yellow Submarine". The building flashes different colors and the chimneys whistle.

Boy: "I'm lost, I'm really lost."

The boy rides some more, and comes to a fountain made from live animals. The frogs and mice take turns spouting the water.

Boy: "I don't like it here. I must really be lost good."

Just then, a yo-yo appears "sleeps", and a potbellied man steps out of the string as though he were stepping out of another dimension. He has a purple face, a Dr. Teeth-like grin, a green suit, top hat, and skinny legs.

Boy: "Wow!"

Man: "How'd you get here?"

Boy: "Oh, well, let's see. First I passed a stray clock..." (The man morphs into the clock shape, but his face remains in the cuckoo's door)...then I passed the Plastic House...(Man morphs into the building, complete with the whistling sounds, and his face appears where the front doors would be)...and then I passed the Animal Fountain...(Man morphs into the Animal Fountain, with his face in the middle)...and then you came along. Can you help me get unlost?"

Man: "Well, you should figure it out for yourself, little guy, but I'll give you a hint."

Boy: "Oh, thank you!"

Man: "Try to remember everything you pass, but when you go back, make the first thing the last." The man then spins his yo-yo, flings it at a high angle, and the yo-yo string pulls him into oblivion, as though he is going back to his own dimension. "Ha Haaaaa!"

Boy: "Wow!"

Man: (voice echoing from the other dimension) "Yeah."

Boy: "Try to remember everything I pass, but when I go back, make the first thing the last...I get it! I just go back past all those weird things again until I'm home. That's it!" (The boy gets on his bicycle, and rides the other way, passing the objects, which now include a dog with a stopwatch and a lizardlike creature in hippie clothes playing the banjo. The hippo is now sitting on the ground).

Man: Behind your face there is a place, it's called your brains or your mind. If you can (keep the beat?) inside, oh what wonderful things you'll find...bwee-doop, bwee-doop, bwee-dooooo"

Boy arrives at his house, leaves his bike out front, walks up the stairs and says "Hi, Ma! Boy, was I lost!"

One of my all-time favorite clips!:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Convincing John