A loaf of bread...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
groovy baby!

The "loaf of bread, container of milk, and stick of butter" cartoon was done by an animator called John Simon. Some of his other creations included:

1. A girl playing a flute, and showing all her winter clothes she's going to wear when she takes out her new sled the next day. She gets all dressed up runs outside then remembers "I forgot something!" Gets slammed with an avalanche of snow "My new sled!(Giggle!)"
2. I'm 6! I'm 6! I'm 6 years old today!

3. A train carrying animals goes up a hill, over a bridge, and through a tunnel, and we hear a rhythmic chugging of the engine "2...2...2...2...2..."

4.A brown boy in a blue robe and his Baby Bear Bosco always take a bath together and together they make bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles!

Plus on the Electric Company, the ultra-groovy "Hey Diddle Diddle" :big_grin: :big_grin:

tomdrum

Reaction score
OMG no wonder you remember those clips so well

Convincing John said:
I have all three of those clips on videotape. I began collecting Sesame Street clips on tape since 1989. I know 'em well, since these three are among my favorites, and were often repeated when I was little. I'll be on the lookout for online video clips or pictures of them as well.

"A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter..."

Convincing John
Hi,

Is there anyway I could obtain a copy of the tape you have containing those clips? I have been looking online for info about the one where the boy gets lost and when I saw your post I FREAKED lol. I also had merged the clips into one another in my memory. The one where the boy gets lost is my "holy grail".

I'm not sure what I might have that you would be interested in. Are you a music fan? I'm a musician (full-time), so I might have something hard-to-find. I have two Felix the Cat episodes from 1959 on my PC...or heck, I will PAY you and send you a tape for your time/effort.

My email: tomdrum@verizon.net. Hope you don't mind me asking.
:embarrassed:

Trippy clip fan,
tomdrum in NYC

jrod

Reaction score
lol I am also a huge fan of trippy clips n a full time musician too hehe. I sure would like to have some trippy clips. I do have some electric company episodes full of them and the entire schoolhouse rock series. I haven't seen much trippy ss clips though.